Cloud services company, Akamai, has confirmed it will purchase all outstanding equity of Prolexic for a net cash payment of about $370 million after expected purchase price adjustments, plus the assumption of outstanding unvested options to purchase stock.
Akamai partners will now be able to more easily architect services following today's launch of the Open Platform initiative.
Cyber attacks, such as the recent one on the New York Times, are more about gaining attention than causing damage, according to Akamai.
The growth of Internet-enabled devices has created complexities in presenting online content, according to Akamai Technologies web experience vice president, Ravi Maira.
Bargain hunters were left high and dry when there were capacity issues with Click Frenzy last year, though this year’s event went “seamlessly," according to Akamai Australasia senior manager, Ian Teague.
Internet spam filter provider, Spamhaus, has been hit by a DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attack, and the Internet Industry Association (IIA) sees it as a sign of how volatile the Internet really is.
There is a growing opportunity in the media, particularly for those that can provide it to customers.
Web acceleration company Akamai today announced Version 2.0 of its Kona Site Defender service, which adds new ways for clients to protect themselves against denial-of-service attacks.
With many companies cutting headcount and costs to weather the economic downturn, Akamai Technologies President and CEO Paul Sagan wants his sales team to spend more time with customers, part of a bid to make sure that its content delivery and edge-hosting services don't end up on the list of expenses they consider cutting. At the same time, he said the recession will push some companies, particularly those in the retail space, to accelerate their shift to the Internet.
Sign up now »
What System Builders Need to Know About Solid State Hybrid Drives (SSHD)
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- NSA taps tracking cookies used by Google, others, to monitor surveillance targets
- Security tactics might have helped in foreign ministry hacks
- Many organisations lack DDoS response plan, Corero finds
- Brace for change: An interview with Tony Hayes of ISACA
- Adobe patches critical vulnerabilities in Flash Player, Shockwave
- Facebook performance report signals rising brand engagement on social
- Australia's love of online search advertising continues, finds new report
- Why Shazam is helping advertisers hit the right tune with consumers
- Twitter, the protector of news?
- B2B customers are increasingly led by consumer habits and experience