Telco TPG has been fined $400,000 for blocking access to emergency numbers for customers with unpaid bills.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner has found Telstra breached the privacy of more than 15,000 customers.
Telecommunications provider, Telstra, yesterday paid the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) an administrative penalty of $510,000 for failing to provide timely new urban landline customer connections in the 2012 to 2013 financial year.
Australia’s peak telecommunications consumer advocate has called on Telcos to reveal internal complaint data while setting targets for complaint reduction.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has today announced it has "taken action" against two pre-paid, international calling card providers, claiming they failed to make required critical information summaries available to Australian consumers.
Vodafone has introduced new mobile plans that will enable its customers to limit global roaming bill shock.
Australian telecommunications industry body, Communications Alliance, has announced key guidance on how the telecommunications industry can comply with new requirements to notify customers about their monthly usage.
For people who are either unfamiliar with the do’s and don'ts of the Internet, or who would just like to get a glimpse of what being online is all about, including its potential thrills and pitfalls, the Australian government has introduced an online guide.
- Tor connections to hidden services could be easy to de-anonymize
- How Google took a page from Apple to secure Android Pay
- Elon Musk insider Branden Spikes launches new security firm in UK
- Majority of websites have serious, unfixed vulnerabilities
- AMD may build ExactTrak data-zapping into its chips, to compete with Intel vPro
- Aon CMO: Employee, executive cultural shift needed for content marketing success
- Shazam launches visual recognition content offering for brands
- Vivid Sydney, Kathmandu and Crown take up Instagram carousel ads
- IBM creates industry-specific predictive analytics as Salesforce unveils big data Wave
- Why GoDaddy needs a CMO and a chief customer officer