Telco TPG has been fined $400,000 for blocking access to emergency numbers for customers with unpaid bills.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner has found Telstra breached the privacy of more than 15,000 customers.
Telecommunications provider, Telstra, yesterday paid the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) an administrative penalty of $510,000 for failing to provide timely new urban landline customer connections in the 2012 to 2013 financial year.
Australia’s peak telecommunications consumer advocate has called on Telcos to reveal internal complaint data while setting targets for complaint reduction.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has today announced it has "taken action" against two pre-paid, international calling card providers, claiming they failed to make required critical information summaries available to Australian consumers.
Vodafone has introduced new mobile plans that will enable its customers to limit global roaming bill shock.
Australian telecommunications industry body, Communications Alliance, has announced key guidance on how the telecommunications industry can comply with new requirements to notify customers about their monthly usage.
For people who are either unfamiliar with the do’s and don'ts of the Internet, or who would just like to get a glimpse of what being online is all about, including its potential thrills and pitfalls, the Australian government has introduced an online guide.
- Smartphone dead? Fuel cells offer instant power anywhere
- Cryptocurrency software bundled with BitTorrent triggers complaints
- Apple to fill in the blanks on Monday on Watch prices, availability and more
- These CompSci programs deliver most bang for buck, report finds
- Two indicted for stealing 1 billion email addresses in historic breach
- Fastway marketing chief: Making the switch from B2B to consumer connections
- How HelloFresh's CMO uses a surprising tool to bring data closer to the business
- B2B marketers splurging on content and digital; struggling with ROI
- ADMA announces new board changes
- CMO Interview: How McDonald's is putting customer centricity back on the menu