Telco TPG has been fined $400,000 for blocking access to emergency numbers for customers with unpaid bills.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner has found Telstra breached the privacy of more than 15,000 customers.
Telecommunications provider, Telstra, yesterday paid the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) an administrative penalty of $510,000 for failing to provide timely new urban landline customer connections in the 2012 to 2013 financial year.
Australia’s peak telecommunications consumer advocate has called on Telcos to reveal internal complaint data while setting targets for complaint reduction.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has today announced it has "taken action" against two pre-paid, international calling card providers, claiming they failed to make required critical information summaries available to Australian consumers.
Vodafone has introduced new mobile plans that will enable its customers to limit global roaming bill shock.
Australian telecommunications industry body, Communications Alliance, has announced key guidance on how the telecommunications industry can comply with new requirements to notify customers about their monthly usage.
For people who are either unfamiliar with the do’s and don'ts of the Internet, or who would just like to get a glimpse of what being online is all about, including its potential thrills and pitfalls, the Australian government has introduced an online guide.
- PCI regime has bred complacent tick-box security among retailers, Tripwire survey finds
- No.10 Downing Street opens its doors to start-ups for first time
- Android vulnerability still a threat to many devices nearly two years later
- Paddy Power contacts 650,000 customers over data theft
- Attackers can easily create dangerous file-encrypting malware, new threat suggests
- Microsoft sues Samsung, says it stopped paying for patents
- Panasonic to help Tesla build battery 'Gigafactory'
- Judge approves Apple e-books price-fixing settlement
- Retail industry rallies behind open standard for tokenization
- HP's SlateBook 14 Android laptop ships, but with a higher price than expected
- McKinsey details 5 ways CMOs can spearhead business leadership
- Digital delivery lies at the heart of customer centricity, says AMP director
- Friday infographic: Who rules social channels for marketing, customer service?
- In a hyper-social world, some seek a little privacy
- Chatswood Chase reveals customer insights from iBeacon trial