accc in pictures
News about accc
Most ReadGet exclusive access to ARN's news, research and invitation only events.
Australian Communications Consumer Action Network has prompted the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission to impose SMS termination rates in order to squash price inflation.
Apple will be giving Australian consumers 24 month warranties across its products after an intervention from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) said it will continue to regulate the termination of calls on mobile phone networks, and has also proposed to also regulate the termination of SMS messages for the first time.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission claims there is a need for more stringent guidelines in the mobile gaming industry, following a review of the Google Play and Apple App Stores where over 340 apps were analysed.
The director and sales manager of a telemarketing company that sold printer cartridges, Artorios Ink, have been fined $100,000 after engaging in misleading or deceptive conduct with small businesses.
The Federal Court has ordered Excite Mobile to pay penalties totalling $455,000 for egregious, systematic and deliberate engagement in false, misleading and unconscionable conduct, and using undue coercion in relation to selling and obtaining payment for mobile phone services.
Treasurer and MP for North Sydney, Joe Hockey, took the time to lay out the new Government's approach to getting SMBs digital, as his constituency was crowned Google's 2013 eTown.
The document that will govern the way the NBN is regulated and priced for the next three decades is a step closer to being finalised.
Sign up now »Featured Resources
Switching to Google Apps brings many cost savings and productivity benefits, says commissioned study by Forrester Consulting
Forrester Consulting has performed a total economic impact (TEI ) analysis, commissioned by Google, for organizations considering switching to Google Apps from a traditional, on-premise environment for messaging and collaboration. In a study entitled “The Total Economic Impact of Google Apps,” the research and advisory firm shows that Google Apps reduces IT costs while offering even greater gains in employee productivity.Most Commented
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.CSO
- Healthcare, POS vulnerabilities will be tested under new privacy laws
- Telstra transparency report reveals extent of customer data sharing
- Privacy-breach consequences emerge as asylum seekers sue Immigration
- Researchers attack secured Internet activity to mine personal data
- Dell malware report paints a scary picture
- Businesses adopt a digital strategy but most are skeptical of success
- Telstra breached privacy of over 15k customers: Privacy Commissioner
- RadiumOne brings programmatic advertising tech platform to Australia
- Aussie online tailor adopts 3D body scanner to improve omni-channel strategy
- At Cebit opening ceremony, leaders evoke need to protect private data
- Model-driven software spawns rise of "citizen developer"
- Accelion names new GM
- 2014, the year of big IT spend: Brennan IT
- Kore Wireless and ATrack form global partnership
- More News
- 13 Mar
- JuiceIT 2014
- 18 Mar
- Webinar: Your key to unlocking sustainable profits
- 19 Mar
- WEBINAR: Cloud Computing 2014 - Why it can be a real competitive advantage for s...
- 20 Mar
- Navigating Analytics
- View all events