Security vendor AVG has released an application for Android that lets users adjust power settings and manage applications to conserve battery power.
Kids may be getting into laptops, tablets and smartphones earlier than ever before, but this also extends to the development of malicious code for those devices, according to AVG’s Q4 2012 Community Powered Threat Report, which found evidence of pre-teens writing malware.
Traditional security threats targeting businesses and consumers are not going away anytime soon, though attacks on virtualised Cloud infrastructure may come to the forefront in 2013.
Approximately one third of working Aussie 18-25 year olds are "Facebook friends" with their boss.
The prevalence with which hackers are handing out headaches to IT security pros will have a big upside for vendors in the coming year, according to new figures from Canalys.
“Criminals have been stunningly successful at compromises, what they haven’t been so efficient at, which they will improve at over time by the way, is exploiting the information that they’ve compromised.
AVG has launched AVG Mobilation for Android which the company is promoting as the world's first security app specifically designed for Android tablets.
Security vendor, AVG (AU/NZ), is trialling a new commission system for resellers that allows them to get a 15 per cent commission if a customer upgrades from a trial to a paid version of the software.
AVG (AU/NZ) managing director, Peter Cameron, is in charge of one of Australia’s fastest growing niche distributors. He speaks to MATTHEW SAINSBURY about starting as a youth worker, travelling for work, and what he thinks of Amazon’s Kindle.
Sign up now »
Cloud and Co-Location Solutions
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- AusCERT 2013: Introduction to Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion - AusCERT Presentation
- Auscert 2013: Perimeter protection has failed, encryption needs its day in the sun
- Researchers find more versions of digitally signed Mac OS X spyware
- AusCERT 2013: Low-level analysis can find, map data deleted from Android phones
- Cybercrime Survey: Almost half of small business victims
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Rapid-growing mobile payments market is driving a financial fraud marketplace
- HP profit falls 32 per cent as PC and server sales decline
- Google launching new fund for later-stage tech investments
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes