Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has issued directions to the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) on the settings for the digital dividend spectrum auction.
While emergency services organisations (ESOs) continue to fight for the 700MHz spectrum, Telstra has insisted the 800MHz spectrum is an even better substitute for a high-speed public safety mobile broadband network.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has mapped out its timeline for the auctioning off the 700MHz and 2.5GHz bands of spectrum.
- Arrests made after international cyber-ring targets StubHub
- Dutch spy agencies can receive NSA data, court rules
- Apple tech note illuminates purported 'backdoor' services
- BlackBerry offers BES10 as a hosted service through partners
- File-encrypting Android ransomware 'Simplocker' targets English-speaking users
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Australia's top digital marketers break away from the industry pack
- Carsales rolls out SAS's Intelligent Advertising technology
- Deloitte defines 5 attributes to cope with next wave of digital disruption
- CMOs and CIOs are getting along better, but increasingly frustrated with execution