Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has issued directions to the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) on the settings for the digital dividend spectrum auction.
While emergency services organisations (ESOs) continue to fight for the 700MHz spectrum, Telstra has insisted the 800MHz spectrum is an even better substitute for a high-speed public safety mobile broadband network.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has mapped out its timeline for the auctioning off the 700MHz and 2.5GHz bands of spectrum.
- Mobile users 'more likely to be struck by lightning' than infected by malware
- Government-private sector collaboration vital for cyber security: Brandis
- Talking ’bout my generation – the next wave of infosec
- Australia's online ads less fraudulent but lower quality than elsewhere
- Project Fi will help Google amass even more data about you
- Microsoft's retail store a step forward in building immersive lifestyle experience, says brand expert
- Twitter boosts beacon technology with investment in Swirl Networks
- NetSuite to acquire Bronto's digital marketing platform for US$200m
- Beacon trial aims to engage Sydneysiders with new World War II sculpture
- MCG rates success of beacon trials for customer engagement