Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has issued directions to the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) on the settings for the digital dividend spectrum auction.
While emergency services organisations (ESOs) continue to fight for the 700MHz spectrum, Telstra has insisted the 800MHz spectrum is an even better substitute for a high-speed public safety mobile broadband network.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has mapped out its timeline for the auctioning off the 700MHz and 2.5GHz bands of spectrum.
- NSA authorization to collect bulk phone data extended to June 1
- How a Blu-ray disc could install malware on your computer
- The week in security: Superfish a super problem, ransomware too
- Personal data on 50,000 Uber drivers exposed in breach
- White House privacy proposal aims to give consumers control over data
- OpenText CMO: Role of marketing technologist will be short lived
- Adshel to deploy beacon technology across outdoor advertising panels nationally
- CIO, CMO take top two posts at Myer following Brookes' departure
- CommBank CMO adds strategy to her executive marketing responsibilities
- Companies don’t have policies to disrupt traditional business models: Forrester’s McQuivey