In Pictures: 5 boring domain names. Where are they now?
It's easy to forget the first Internet gold rush of the mid-to-late '90s, when dot-com domain names based on ordinary (and, investors hoped, marketable) nouns and verbs were snapped up by hopeful companies. Here are five of those generic domain names, and a look at their history.
- Rapid-growing mobile payments market is driving a financial fraud marketplace
- AusCERT 2013: Users, cats more likely hack culprits than cyber-espionage: Trustwave
- AusCERT 2013: Home-electronics gear’s UPnP as insecure in Australia as rest of world: Metasploit
- AusCERT 2013: Big data skills help beat the bad guys, says HP
- Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android