IN PICTURES: 2012 ARN IT Industry Awards - Champagne Reception, Part 1 of 3
The first slideshow of the glittering champagne reception that opened this year's 6th ARN IT Industry Awards. This year, for the first time, dress was formal and many of the men wore tuxedos and bow ties while the ladies shimmered in a range of floor-length gowns and shorter dresses. We'll be giving you 123 photos of the champagne reception, here are the first 41.
- Regional privacy authorities may use data-sharing 'white lists' to boost enforcement
- The week in security: Microsoft fights NSA as shadow IT bites business
- Information Commissioner received no eHealth privacy complaints in 2012-13
- US tech companies ask governments to reform surveillance practices
- Public sector fails to tackle £20.6bn a year fraud using big data
- Apple knows where shoppers are in its stores with nationwide iBeacon rollout
- Should Facebook, Yahoo and Twitter really judge what's news?
- Distracted consumers spend less time on social than email marketing: Report
- New report busts myths about millennials and their digital and social behaviour
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices