IN PICTURES: Lenovo Australia celebrates ThinkPad’s 20th birthday
About 150 guests, including channel partners from across Australia, attended Lenovo's 20 year celebration of the ThinkPad in Sydney's Luna Park. In addition to a birthday cake, a ThinkPad master-class was run by Lenovo customer centres senior worldwide competitive analyst, Kevin Beck, who was in the middle of a world tour. Beck spoke about the key innovation milestones of the ThinkPad since its debut in 1992 with IBM, as well as what role the iconic notebook plays in the future of business computing in what Lenovo sees as a PC+ era.
- Assange at SXSW: 'Who really wears the pants in the administration?'
- Abortion clinic BPAS fined £200k after website hack
- Europol chief warns against sending sensitive data over public wi-fi
- Government considers higher fines for data protection breaches
- SXSW starts out with spotlight on security, as Google's Schmidt sounds off on NSA
- Women's rights campaigns to take over social discovery app Tinder
- Telling the right story: Best Western's customer experience journey
- Trust issue looms large for tech companies capitalizing on personal data
- Getty makes 35 million images embeddable to gather data, monetize usage
- More followers can bring more social rage: Virgin Mobile