Windows 8 Central
With five days left to nominate for the 2014 ARN ICT Industry Awards, there’s a great opportunity to recognise and applaud the achievements of the people in the industry under the Personal Innovation award category.
Microsoft has confirmed that it will not change its Surface commercial sales model ahead of the launch of its Surface Pro 3 tablet in August.
Nominations for the highly anticipated 2014 ARN ICT Industry Awards are now open. You can nominate for 25 awards. Voting for the popular Channel Choice Awards will open later in the year.
Acer has picked up a key contract win, Victoria Police, joining its other big 2014 hauls: the Electoral Commission and Woolworths.
Express Data has placed its first Microsoft Office 365 order as part of a hybrid solution for partner Professional Advantage.
In his last letter to shareholders, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer hammered on the same themes he and other execs struck three weeks ago before Wall Street analysts.
Steve Ballmer isn't necessarily a bad CEO. After all, Microsoft's on strong financial footing. But Ballmer made enough bad product decisions - Zune, Kin, Vista and perhaps Surface - to suggest that Microsoft employees, swayed by a forced-ranking employee rating system, told him what he wanted to hear, not what he needed to hear. If that culture doesn't change, Ballmer's replacement will fare even worse than he did.
Is Windows RT dead? We investigate the past, present and future of Microsoft's cut-down mobile Windows 8 operating system.
They're just five words, but those five words hold a universe of importance to Microsoft.
Sitting face-to-face with regional resellers in Queensland lets you catch a glimpse of the ‘smaller town’ mentality, where customer loyalty and old-fashioned service are paramount.
When Microsoft's Windows 8 launched in late October, manufacturers released a plethora of devices to take advantage of the touch-inspired OS.
Lenovo Thursday introduced the IdeaCentre Q190, a follow-up to its Q180, which came out earlier this year.
HTC's fast and well-designed Windows Phone 8X is one of the first to use Microsoft's new Windows Phone 8 smartphone operating system.
The HP Envy TouchSmart Ultrabook 4 is a cleanly designed, good performing Windows 8 laptop with a nice array of ports and good input ergonomics. The only issue is weight--the digitizer for the touchscreen, support for it and the overall build quality adds quite a bit of heft to the unit which travels at 5.3 pounds with AC adapter. That's heavy for a laptop with only a 14-inch display.
For users who want a regular monitor, but still want to control Windows 8 using touch gestures, LG Electronics has introduced the Touch 10 monitor.
- PCI regime has bred complacent tick-box security among retailers, Tripwire survey finds
- No.10 Downing Street opens its doors to start-ups for first time
- Android vulnerability still a threat to many devices nearly two years later
- Paddy Power contacts 650,000 customers over data theft
- Attackers can easily create dangerous file-encrypting malware, new threat suggests
- McKinsey details 5 ways CMOs can spearhead business leadership
- Digital delivery lies at the heart of customer centricity, says AMP director
- Friday infographic: Who rules social channels for marketing, customer service?
- In a hyper-social world, some seek a little privacy
- Chatswood Chase reveals customer insights from iBeacon trial
- One in five apps send passwords as clear text: Symantec
- Aug 01
- Mitro makes password manager open source as team heads to Twitter
- Aug 01
- Microsoft security tool EMET 5.0 puts a leash on plugins
- Aug 01
- ACCC revises mobile terminating access service prices
- More News
- 05 Aug
- Systems Technology Day - Build Your Own Private Cloud
- 06 Aug
- Oracle Employee Experience Journey Mapping Workshops
- 20 Aug
- Westcon Group Imagine 2014 - Melbourne
- 21 Aug
- CAST 611 Advanced Penetration Testing
- View all events