Virtualisation: Case studies
The perception that virtualisation is a piece of technology for only large companies, is not quite right anymore.
What do you do when a global liquor vendor discovers that a change in office means drastically-reduced room for hosting a datacentre? Virtualisation, that’s what. MATTHEW SAINSBURY reports.
For software developers, however, it has become clear that cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Windows Azure are expanding options for their application deployments.
Smaller businesses often have negative experiences with traditional IT systems due to cost and skill restrictions. But a Bunch of Cowboys and a cloud computing approach can help out immensely, as one physical storage company recently found out.
- Sprint, Windstream traffic routing errors hijacked other ISPs
- New malware spreads over Twitch chat, targets Steam accounts
- Isles of Scilly council dragged over coals by Information Commissioner for letting documents slip
- Researcher disputes report BlackPOS used in Home Depot, Target attacks
- IDF 2014: Developers must address security and privacy concerns as IoT grows
- US retailer Kohl's develops prototype to predict shopping trolley abandonment
- Google acquires online survey specialist Polar
- Permission-based programmatic advertising taps into customer data disclosure trend
- Qantas confirms launch of customer data management business
- Retailers need to lift their mobile and digital game, finds new report