Virtualisation: Case studies
The perception that virtualisation is a piece of technology for only large companies, is not quite right anymore.
What do you do when a global liquor vendor discovers that a change in office means drastically-reduced room for hosting a datacentre? Virtualisation, that’s what. MATTHEW SAINSBURY reports.
For software developers, however, it has become clear that cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Windows Azure are expanding options for their application deployments.
Smaller businesses often have negative experiences with traditional IT systems due to cost and skill restrictions. But a Bunch of Cowboys and a cloud computing approach can help out immensely, as one physical storage company recently found out.
- NIST pledges transparency in NSA dealings over crypto standards
- New framework helps companies quantify risk
- US spy program has financial, security impacts, says Snowden
- Which cloud personality are you? Three ways to approach online storage
- Google's Project Zero publishes three OS X zero-day vulnerabilities
- Obama, in India, will get earful about the H-1B visa
- Microsoft releases big update to Windows 10 preview
- U.S. to impose big tariffs on China and Taiwan for dumping solar panels on market
- NASA tests robotic helicopter that would act as Mars scout
- Linus Torvalds diversity gaffe brings out the best (and worst) of the open source world