Virtualisation: Case studies
The perception that virtualisation is a piece of technology for only large companies, is not quite right anymore.
What do you do when a global liquor vendor discovers that a change in office means drastically-reduced room for hosting a datacentre? Virtualisation, that’s what. MATTHEW SAINSBURY reports.
For software developers, however, it has become clear that cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Windows Azure are expanding options for their application deployments.
Smaller businesses often have negative experiences with traditional IT systems due to cost and skill restrictions. But a Bunch of Cowboys and a cloud computing approach can help out immensely, as one physical storage company recently found out.
- Government regulation on cloud security may spur SaaS use in health care
- Microsoft misses Windows bug, hackers slip past patch
- Accused text-message spammers to pay $9 million in settlement
- Nationwide apologises for online and mobile banking outage
- Teradata: We must nail the data privacy issue and not rely on governments
- Xiaomi moving data outside China following privacy concerns
- At Austin airport, Wi-Fi predicts how long the security line will be
- Twitter weaves Fabric, but will developers be drawn in?
- AT&T signed up 500,000 cars for its 4G network last quarter
- Debian community splits over systemd, but fork still unlikely