Virtualisation: Case studies
The perception that virtualisation is a piece of technology for only large companies, is not quite right anymore.
What do you do when a global liquor vendor discovers that a change in office means drastically-reduced room for hosting a datacentre? Virtualisation, that’s what. MATTHEW SAINSBURY reports.
For software developers, however, it has become clear that cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Windows Azure are expanding options for their application deployments.
Smaller businesses often have negative experiences with traditional IT systems due to cost and skill restrictions. But a Bunch of Cowboys and a cloud computing approach can help out immensely, as one physical storage company recently found out.
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' release after threats following cyberattack
- ‘Backdoor’ may be on 10m Coolpad Android smartphones
- Forensic software gets around iCloud security features
- Obama pushes for net neutrality, opposes data localization in trade pact
- New ransomware avoids hitting the same victim twice
- Technology, simplicity and culture: Behind the scenes of Sensis’ digital transformation
- Forget 2015: Bing already knows which people, products and trends will win next year
- Predictive analytics for the masses gets closer with vendor investments
- Second-screen ad synching to take off in 2015
- Why virtual reality is opening a new world for customer interaction