Virtualisation: Case studies
The perception that virtualisation is a piece of technology for only large companies, is not quite right anymore.
What do you do when a global liquor vendor discovers that a change in office means drastically-reduced room for hosting a datacentre? Virtualisation, that’s what. MATTHEW SAINSBURY reports.
For software developers, however, it has become clear that cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Windows Azure are expanding options for their application deployments.
Smaller businesses often have negative experiences with traditional IT systems due to cost and skill restrictions. But a Bunch of Cowboys and a cloud computing approach can help out immensely, as one physical storage company recently found out.
- Tourism Australia CMO Nick Baker resigns
- Focus on people, not social platforms: Klout CEO
- Why CMOs must embrace software and agility or risk a 'customerpocalypse'
- Aussie satisfaction in big data lags behind global results: Accenture
- Apple Pay hits U.S. stores Monday -- assuming buyers can find anywhere to use it