Virtualisation: Case studies
The perception that virtualisation is a piece of technology for only large companies, is not quite right anymore.
What do you do when a global liquor vendor discovers that a change in office means drastically-reduced room for hosting a datacentre? Virtualisation, that’s what. MATTHEW SAINSBURY reports.
For software developers, however, it has become clear that cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Windows Azure are expanding options for their application deployments.
Smaller businesses often have negative experiences with traditional IT systems due to cost and skill restrictions. But a Bunch of Cowboys and a cloud computing approach can help out immensely, as one physical storage company recently found out.
Sign up now »
The IT Service Providers Bench marking Study was conducted in February 2013 by Decision Tree Labs and commissioned by Autotask. The study results indicate a strong shift toward utilizing business metrics to ensure long-term business health and growth. The charts that follow are intended to serve as benchmarks for IT service providers worldwide.
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTBrand Relationship Manager | RTB Trading Desk | Digital Advertising | SydneyNSW
- FTMarketing Analytics ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Content Manager/Senior Content Manager - CRM/Loyalty FocusNSW
Microsoft has now ended its support for Windows XP, which means that a security sinkhole will likely open and gradually widen, threatening hundreds of millions of PCs worldwide in homes, companies, government agencies and schools. Along with the Y2K bug, Windows XP’s support termination is one of the computer industry’s most publicised -- and most ignored -- deadlines, towards which many business and IT managers have taken a curiously casual attitude. The implications could be dire for those organizations that continue to use Windows XP, a decrepit operating system Microsoft.
- Even the most secure cloud storage may not be so secure, study finds
- Blame Heartbleed: HealthCare.gov requires users to change their passwords
- Major security flaws threaten satellite communications
- Satellite communication systems rife with security flaws, vulnerable to remote hacks
- Chrome OS may kill the password with Easy Unlock smartphone option
- In pictures: Customer 360 Symposium hits the Hunter Valley
- Why CMOs must embrace the seven principles of agile marketing
- Google opens the floodgates for new 'social' ads
- Telefónica starts exchange for targeted mobile ads
- Crowdsource guide ranks marketing automation platforms by user recommendations and company size