Virtualisation: Case studies
The perception that virtualisation is a piece of technology for only large companies, is not quite right anymore.
What do you do when a global liquor vendor discovers that a change in office means drastically-reduced room for hosting a datacentre? Virtualisation, that’s what. MATTHEW SAINSBURY reports.
For software developers, however, it has become clear that cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Windows Azure are expanding options for their application deployments.
Smaller businesses often have negative experiences with traditional IT systems due to cost and skill restrictions. But a Bunch of Cowboys and a cloud computing approach can help out immensely, as one physical storage company recently found out.
- Cisco, Oracle find dozens of their products affected by Shellshock
- Need help? Microsoft Stores offer free tech support, PC tune-ups, malware removal
- Likes of Apple Pay may make smaller banks more vulnerable
- Welcome to the age of pervasive supercomputing
- Free is good: No-cost Panda Software tops AV-Test's rankings of antivirus software