Virtualisation: Case studies
The perception that virtualisation is a piece of technology for only large companies, is not quite right anymore.
What do you do when a global liquor vendor discovers that a change in office means drastically-reduced room for hosting a datacentre? Virtualisation, that’s what. MATTHEW SAINSBURY reports.
For software developers, however, it has become clear that cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Windows Azure are expanding options for their application deployments.
Smaller businesses often have negative experiences with traditional IT systems due to cost and skill restrictions. But a Bunch of Cowboys and a cloud computing approach can help out immensely, as one physical storage company recently found out.
- Google project aims to preserve privacy when collecting software stats
- Privileged-account risk multiplies for Australia's cloud-hungry businesses: CyberArk
- Petition targets Apple over ‘spyware' in OS X Yosemite
- Vulnerabilities found in more command-line tools, wget and tnftp get patches
- IT pros turn a blind eye to file sharing practices, report says
- The Google shakeup continues: Andy Rubin is out
- ACMA, Privacy Commissioner to collaborate on spam, telemarketing issues
- Activewear startup turns to unified cloud platform to support e-commerce growth
- Data retention is necessary red tape: Turnbull
- Apple surrenders top tablet satisfaction spot to Amazon