Telecommunications » News »
Huawei Australia posted sales of about $368m in 2012, up 61 per cent from last year on what is the company’s most successful year in the Australian market.
While Telstra’s restructure, announced yesterday, has attracted negative attention, the telco’s willingness to embrace the transformation is a major step in the right direction, according to independent industry analyst, Paul Budde.
Telco giant, Telstra, has revealed plans to restructure its organisation, marking a significant shift from its traditional business.
NBN Co has bought TransACT/iiNet’s| fibre-to-the-premises (FTTP) network in the ACT for about $9 million.
A Cisco survey of mobile users reveals strong desire for BYOD programs and clear productivity gains. But hold off on those BYOD mandates because the love for corporate devices hasn't burned out yet.
Should there by a change of government after the Australian elections in September, there will be a major review of National Broadband Network (NBN) operations and progress to date. The opposition has signalled personnel changes in the management and the board of NBN Co.
What are the new forces that are transforming the way people and businesses relate to technology?
In March 2013, Australian creative agency, Leo Burnett, launched its ‘Small World Machines’ (SWM) initiative in an attempt to unite Indian and Pakistani citizens in what it calls a “powerful display of humanitarian tenacity.”
The European Union may be trying to protect its telecom equipment industry with its recent threat to investigate China over networking equipment imports. But the move could end up hurting the chances of Western vendors intent on supplying technology to China's upcoming 4G services launch, according to analysts.
SingTel subsidiary, Optus, has revealed plans to launch the country’s first multi-band TD/FD- LTE 4G network.
Sign up now »
Modernizing Security for the Small and Mid-Sized Business – Recommendations for 2013 (Sponsored by McAfee)
As small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) take advantage of the compelling benefits of the transformations in their IT computing infrastructure they should also re-think how they deal with the corresponding vulnerabilities, threats and risks. Specifically, email security, web security and secure file sharing should be considered foundational security capabilities for every small and mid-sized business, in addition to anti-virus and firewalls.
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- AusCERT 2013: Introduction to Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion - AusCERT Presentation
- Auscert 2013: Perimeter protection has failed, encryption needs its day in the sun
- AusCERT 2013: Low-level analysis can find, map data deleted from Android phones
- Cybercrime Survey: Almost half of small business victims
- AusCERT 2013: Cloud-based scanner identifies new malware by its ancestry
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Rapid-growing mobile payments market is driving a financial fraud marketplace
- HP profit falls 32 per cent as PC and server sales decline
- Google launching new fund for later-stage tech investments
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes