Telecommunications » NBN »
Treasurer Wayne Swan's sixth budget may well be his last. But it certainly had some highlights although most analysts agree that it didn't offer a great deal to Australian economy. The following stories offer a broad-based, ICT-centric coverage of the budget.
Some of the initiatives announced in the 2013/14 Federal Budget have been met with mixed reactions by ICT industry experts.
This is the full transcript of the Treasurer, Wayne Swan's Federal Budget 2013/14 speech.
The Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has announced an extra $12.9 million for new digital initiatives to showcase the possibilities of the National Broadband Network.
Optus has unveiled a new range of fixed line broadband and voice plans
The Gillard Government is investing $20.3 million in nine telehealth projects which will use the National Broadband Network (NBN) to pilot new methods of healthcare delivery.
Having wireless for eHealth in rural area is not as preferable as having the fibre NBN, according to Allocate Software A/NZ general manager, Peter Croft.
Minister for broadband and communications, Stephen Conroy, and coalition communications spokesman, Malcolm Turnbull, have spelled out their differences over the NBN issues in an online forum, Communications Debate.
If a new government comes into play in September’s election, Telstra has stated it's willing to renegotiate its deal, if needed.
Minister for finance and deregulation, Senator Penny Wong, and minister for broadband, communications and the digital economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, have slammed the assumptions underpinning the Coalition’s costing of Labor’s NBN.
Sign up now »
COPY: In a world accustomed to multiple, fragmented technologies and point solutions, MSPs need a unified approach that supports endpoint management across heterogeneous devices and operating systems. This buyers’ guide outlines features and capabilities that comprise an effective endpoint management solution to help enhance visibility and control for hundreds of thousands of distributed endpoints.
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- Pentagon clearance for iOS could open even more doors for Apple in the private sector
- Digital strongboxes won't solve whistleblower problem for journalists
- ACMA database keeps finger on Australia’s malware pulse
- Bit9, FireEye, Palo Alto Networks team to hit zero-day malware
- Opinion varies on action against Chinese cyberattacks
- Commonwealth Bank leads four Australian brands in the 2013 top 100 Global brands list
- More Australians are using mobiles to connect to social media: report
- Oo.com.au partners with Responsys to overhaul digital customer strategy
- Coles Flybuys wins over Aussie consumers in new customer loyalty schemes report
- Tablet advertising exceeds smartphone spend in March quarter: IAB