“Our job is to keep building the sector and have it as a joint New Zealand and Australian business.”
Cisco pays 20 times the going rate, but will $US1.4 billion Internet of Things acquisition pay off?
“The price premium reflects the importance to Cisco of completing its IoT stack."
When Satya Nadella first walked the corridors of power in Redmond, he did so with a clear vision for the future of Microsoft.
“Professional services adoption goes hand in hand with increasingly complicated hybrid IT implementations.”
- Data Labs on boards three new clients
- EXCLUSIVE: Hewlett Packard Enterprise puts Kiwi distributorship under review
- Converged infrastructure interest heightens, but forget HP, IBM and Oracle, it’s Cisco taking charge
- Why did Cisco spend $1.4 billion on Jasper Technologies?
- Go software-defined or go home? Market prepares for 50 percent growth boom
- Derek Brown leaves Hills
- 45 new vendors on board as Ingram Micro acquires Connector Systems
- StorageCraft launches updated Cloud Services in Australia
- A10 Networks launches Thunder Convergent Firewall
- Veritas officially becomes independent
- Invigor sells its services business
- Apple could be dumping Amazon’s Cloud, Morgan Stanley analyst predicts
IN PICTURES: ARN Emerging Leaders Think Tank, Sydney (+40 photos)
IN PICTURES: Dell and Intel open doors to Internet of Things potential
IN PICTURES: Four Seasons of the Kiwi Channel - A look back at Winter 2015
IN PICTURES: Four Seasons of the Kiwi Channel - A look back at Autumn 2015
IN PICTURES: The Ins and Outs of the changing channel job scene
IN PICTURES: Kiwis head to paradise as Synnex rewards top performing Lenovo stars
“With the global economy entering a new and uncertain phase, IT spending will be heavily influenced by economic cycles and wild cards over the next ...
“Over the past several years, the software industry has been shifting to a Cloud-first (SaaS) development and deployment model."
"There's a re-think among channel suppliers about what they offer as part of their core business and how to offer it."
“Datacentres, with their monolithic energy consumption, will benefit from cheaper electricity as wholesale gas prices decline."
“By 2018, most software vendors will have fully shifted to a SaaS/PaaS code base."
Despite advances in data centre technology, management, and automation, there is still a lack of visibility into the business drivers that influence infrastructure costs.
The latest ARN Roundtable was held at Sydney's Cafe Del Mar, and was sponsored by Cloudera and Veritas. The guestlist saw a VIP group of ...
Columnist Rob Enderle describes 2015 as yet another year when stupid decisions were the norm. He would like to see folks finally learning from their ...
While researching the history of the hybrid Cloud for a presentation, columnist Rob Enderle discovered some interesting and surprising facts.
If Amazon Web Service is becoming a nearly ubiquitous technology, what does that mean for the future of data and how companies work with Amazon ...