A panel of distinguished cryptographers says letting law enforcement have access to encrypted communications means more vulnerabilities for criminals to exploit and less secure corporate ...
EDGE 2015 is starting inFind out more EDGE 2015
Also in tech news today
The "possibility exists" for the U.S. Department of Justice to cut a deal that would allow surveillance leaker Edward Snowden to return to the U.S., ...
Privacy group wants Google to forget more... Programmer escapes vampire squid... Self-driving cars evade human menace... and more tech news
Google's refusal to implement the EU's controversial right to be forgotten rules in the U.S. amounts to an unfair and deceptive business practice, a frequent ...
- US judge dimisses second conviction of ex-Goldman Sachs coder
- Giant mecha robots from Japan, US will meet in epic battle
- “Autotask is vital to our success,” says Dynamic Business Technologies
- Big Data software to grow by 50 per cent: Ovum
- Quantum names Greig Guy as A/NZ regional channel manager
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Uber throws in the towel in battle with French taxi drivers
- Samsung faces lawsuit in China over bloatware on phones
- UXC Oxygen appoints Craig Stevenson as business manager
- Microsoft buries hatchet with Kyocera, ending litigation
- Supreme Court justices hold stock in tech vendors, other firms
- GM to offer teen driver tracking to parents
IN PICTURES: APC by Schneider Electric Partner Summit (+40 Photos)
IN PICTURES: Hemisphere Technologies partner event (+16 photos)
IN PICTURES: The Missing Link's Christmas Party
IN PICTURES: Data#3 Charity Golf Day
IN PICTURES: Sitecore's haunted honours
In Pictures: The wacky side of Ceatec
A group of leading tech vendors has joined the Open Container Project to create a standard container format.
Charter Communications' planned acquisition of Time Warner Cable faces a regulatory review by the same federal officials who were widely blamed for nixing the recent ...
NASA, and its predecessor NACA, helped develop computer chips, satellite communications and safer flight
From connecting with customers, better showing off products and helping potential customers feel like they're trying out everything from a new car to a new ...
Experts recommend fighting back against CryptoWall and other ransomware, but for many the $500 ransom is a small price to pay.
The FCC's 400-page official order on net neutrality, released on Thursday, is about to be the center of a long and contracted legal battle.
Photo recognition is so good on Facebook and Google that they don't even need to see your face to ID you. Now what?
The European tech sector won't catch up to the U.S. by having bureaucrats fight its battles.
WordPress 4.0, the latest version of the popular content management system, adds an improved rich-content editor and plugin discoverability to an already feature-full platform.
The new film by Spike Jones offers a 'surprisingly believable' love story between man and machine
We look at two all-in-one computers that also act like large-form tablets. How well do they work?