- 7 December 2009 14:00
Emerson Network Power Launches OptimizeIT Enterprise-Class IT Infrastructure Solutions For Australian SMBs
Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson (NYSE:EMR) and the global leader in enabling Business-Critical Continuity™, has launched a new range of IT infrastructure solutions specifically targeted at small-to-medium businesses (SMBs) in Australia.
Called OptimizeIT™, the new solutions draw on Emerson Network Power’s expertise in enterprise-class IT infrastructure technology – used by all of the world’s Fortune 500 companies – now adapted to the needs, and budgets, of smaller businesses.
In addition, Emerson Network Power is working with its network solution provider (NSP) partners in Australia to create a new channel-driven service model that enables a more solutions-oriented approach common to enterprise-level sales.
“OptimizeIT will change the way SMBs develop their IT infrastructure solutions, and the way channel partners approach potential sales,” says Peter Spiteri, marketing and communications director, Emerson Network Power Australia. “This will enable our partners to move away from the old ‘transactional’ sales model to a more interactive approach, treating each individual customer site on its merits and offering appropriate solutions. It’s as much about service – backed up by Emerson Network Power’s national network of engineers and consultants – as it is about product.”
The solutions were presented to Emerson Network Power’s channel partners and customers at a recent series of launch events in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.
“IT infrastructure in the enterprise is typically housed in computer rooms and, on a larger scale, the data centre,” says Spiteri. “The equivalent space in the SMB is the rack. OptimizeIT takes all the knowledge we have gained over the years in developing solutions for the enterprise, and creates a holistic ecosystem of smart rack-based products, including the high-precision racks themselves, optimised for the needs of smaller businesses.”
The OptimizeIT solution suite, including new uninterruptible power supply (UPS) power protection, cooling, monitoring and enclosures, has been designed to work together to lower costs through energy efficiency and improve uptime through higher availability, both regarded as high priorities for IT executives polled in a recent Emerson industry survey . The range of new services and products includes:
• Emerson Global Services Site Survey – NSPs are certified to assess customer sites to determine potential optimisation paths and timelines. From no cost to low cost options, this is a vital step towards aligning business objectives with IT infrastructure dimensions and outcomes.
• Liebert RDU – a rack-based monitoring solution that detects and remotely notifies key personnel of critical conditions for parameters such as access, power draws, temperature and humidity, and site conditions across multiple racks.
• Liebert GXT – a full-featured UPS providing reliable protection for IT network equipment. It is a true on-line UPS that delivers continuous, high-quality AC power to IT equipment with no break when transferring to battery, protecting equipment from virtually all power disturbances due to blackouts, brownouts, sags, surges or noise interference. The UPS is available in rack/tower configurations.
• Liebert Micropod – a rack-based device that allows for the manual transfer of connected equipment to utility power via a maintenance bypass switch, permitting scheduled maintenance or UPS replacement without power disruption.
• Liebert PEX – industry-standard platform that delivers cooling from one to many racks, the Liebert PEX family of precision cooling products comprises energy efficient, space saving systems with enhanced heat and airflow management, and superior system supervision and management.
• Knurr Miracel Racks – an innovative enclosure system that integrates computing hardware, power and cable management technologies and peripherals.
• Emerson Global Services – after sales services via NSPs with further certification as per the Approved Service Provider (ASP) program. Full range of extended warranty, preventative and comprehensive maintenance offerings to ensure critical infrastructure is maintained to perform at optimal and expected levels. ###
About Emerson Network Power Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson (NYSE:EMR), is the global leader in enabling Business-Critical Continuity™ from grid to chip for telecommunication networks, data centers, health care and industrial facilities. Emerson Network Power provides innovative solutions and expertise in areas including AC and DC power and precision cooling systems, embedded computing and power, integrated racks and enclosures, power switching and controls, monitoring, and connectivity. All solutions are supported globally by local Emerson Network Power service technicians. Learn more about Emerson Network Power products and services at www.emersonnetworkpower.com or www.emersonnetworkpower.com.au.
About Emerson Emerson (NYSE:EMR), based in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions to customers through its network power, process management, industrial automation, climate technologies, and appliance and tools businesses. Emerson’s sales in fiscal 2009 were $20.9 billion. The company is ranked 94th on the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest companies. For more information, visit www.Emerson.com.
- Woolworths customer leader, Jess Gill, departs, following CMO out the door
- The old billboard gets the flick as digital OOH advertising takes over
- Ad tech vendors offer new capabilities for customer targeting
- Markets to Metrics: The changing role of the CMO
- How Tesco's loyalty card transformed customer data tracking