- 23 September 2009 17:04
EMERSON RANKS AMONG TOP 100 GLOBAL SOFTWARE AND SERVICES PROVIDERS
ST. LOUIS – Sept. 22, 2009 – Emerson (NYSE: EMR) is ranked No. 76 on Software Magazine’s 2009 list of the world’s largest software and services providers, illustrating the global technology and engineering company’s success in expanding its customer offerings.
This year’s ranking by the magazine is based on total worldwide software and services revenues for Emerson’s fiscal 2008, including revenues from software licenses, maintenance and support; training and software-related services; and consulting. For fiscal 2008, Emerson’s global software and services revenues approached $750 million.
“Our growing portfolio of software and services is a reflection of the ability of our technologies to effectively deliver reliability, precision, safety, and other business-critical applications that our customers demand,” said Charles A. Peters, senior executive vice president, Emerson. “The ranking by Software Magazine validates that Emerson is successfully executing on our strategy of expanding our software and services offerings across all of our business segments.”
This marks the first time Emerson has been listed in Software Magazine’s ranking. Aperture Technologies – a developer of enterprise data center management software that is now a part of the company’s Emerson Network Power business – has been included in the magazine’s list in the past.
In its 27th year, Software Magazine’s list is a revenue-based ranking of the world’s 500 largest software and services providers. The full list is available at http://www.softwaremag.com.
About Emerson Network Power Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson (NYSE:EMR), is the global leader in enabling Business-Critical Continuity™ from grid to chip for telecommunication networks, data centers, health care and industrial facilities. Emerson Network Power provides innovative solutions and expertise in areas including AC and DC power and precision cooling systems, embedded computing and power, integrated racks and enclosures, power switching and controls, monitoring, and connectivity. All solutions are supported globally by local Emerson Network Power service technicians. Learn more about Emerson Network Power products and services at www.emersonnetworkpower.com.
About Emerson Emerson (NYSE: EMR), based in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions to customers through its network power, process management, industrial automation, climate technologies, and appliance and tools businesses. Sales in fiscal 2008 were $24.8 billion, and Emerson is ranked 94th on the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest companies. For more information, visit www.Emerson.com.
- PCI regime has bred complacent tick-box security among retailers, Tripwire survey finds
- No.10 Downing Street opens its doors to start-ups for first time
- Android vulnerability still a threat to many devices nearly two years later
- Paddy Power contacts 650,000 customers over data theft
- Attackers can easily create dangerous file-encrypting malware, new threat suggests
- McKinsey details 5 ways CMOs can spearhead business leadership
- Digital delivery lies at the heart of customer centricity, says AMP director
- Friday infographic: Who rules social channels for marketing, customer service?
- In a hyper-social world, some seek a little privacy
- Chatswood Chase reveals customer insights from iBeacon trial