- 16 February 2006 15:04
Nortel Launches New Wireless LAN Products in Australia
Provides Complete 802.11 Solution For Secure Wireless Infrastructure
SYDNEY (February 16, 2006) – Communication technology company Nortel has launched a new series of wireless LAN (WLAN) products in Australia, adding to its portfolio of secure wired and wireless networking products.
The Nortel WLAN 2300 series includes WLAN security switches, a multi-mode access point and management software, and is aimed at enterprises wanting to deploy widespread wireless coverage for today's business, IP telephony and converged multimedia applications.
Nick Avakian, general manager, Enterprise Networks, Australia and New Zealand, Nortel, said the WLAN 2300 series delivers the same multimedia functionality, security and quality of the wired LAN, wirelessly.
“The 2300 Series has been specifically designed for today’s converged IP telephony and multimedia applications, adhering to the latest IEEE and de facto industry standards to ensure strong security and Quality of Service (QoS) while maintaining compatibility with user devices,” said Avakian.
“We’ve also added advanced features such as dynamic RF management, roaming and user policy management, compatible with all 802.11 clients, that makes it easy to deploy and maintain for a wide range of applications in a number of different industries including education, healthcare, government, hospitality and retail.”
Built on a centralised architecture that creates a secure, cost-effective and highly scalable WLAN infrastructure, the Nortel WLAN 2300 series supports:
* Roaming voice and multimedia applications, with industry standard QoS functionality, minimal latency, service resiliency through dynamic RF management, and full n+1 redundancy of all network components to protect against service interruption.
* Advanced mobility management with pre-defined, user-based security and QoS policy management, access controls, VLAN/subnet assignments, bandwidth rate, QoS priorities and multicast memberships, and time-of-day and location-based restrictions that block access from specific areas like parking lots, exam and emergency rooms.
* Easy implementation using the 2300 series WLAN Management system that helps network administrators through every phase of a WLAN project from planning and configuration through to monitoring, reporting, growth and ongoing operations.
* Highly scalable LAN extensions, designed to operate as an overlay to existing IP networks without the need for network reconfigurations or expensive upgrades to core switch infrastructure. Avakian said the new products have been designed with ease of use and deployment front-of-mind, and dovetail neatly with Nortel’s existing portfolio of wireless solutions such as 802.11-based wireless mesh.
“We’re making it easy for organisations to transition their existing wired IP networks to take full advantage of wireless communications, without compromising the features and functionality of existing networks,” said Avakian.
“For example, the 2300 series access points attach to their controllers across the network, and self-configure with minimal user intervention. In addition, one WLAN infrastructure can be securely partitioned to form up to 32 unique service groups, each with their own web-portal, security and QoS policies, making it easy to deploy and extend across small to large organisations as required.”
All the products in the range, including the WLAN Access Point 2330, WLAN Security Switches 2350, 2360, 2361 and 2380, and the WLAN Management Software, are now available through selected Nortel nPower channel partners throughout Australia.
For more information on the WLAN 2300 series from Nortel, visit: www.nortel.com/wlan
About Nortel Nortel is a recognized leader in delivering communications capabilities that enhance the human experience, ignite and power global commerce, and secure and protect the world’s most critical information. Our next-generation technologies, for both service providers and enterprises, span access and core networks, support multimedia and business-critical applications, and help eliminate today’s barriers to efficiency, speed and performance by simplifying networks and connecting people with information. Nortel does business in more than 150 countries. For more information, visit Nortel on the Web at www.nortel.com. For the latest Nortel news, visit www.nortel.com/news.
Sign up now »
Cloud and Co-Location Solutions
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- FTSEO Account ManagerVIC
- FTSEO Account ManagerNSW
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Development Manager (Events/Exhibitions)NSW
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Development ExecutivesNSW
- FTAcquisition Online Marketing Manager $140k plus super and bonus.NSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- 3D printer creates lithium-ion batteries the size of a grain of sand
- Congress looks to kill NASA's plan to capture an asteroid
- AT&T to offer NEC Terrain push-to-talk Android smartphone starting Friday
- Intel chooses sides in wireless power market
- Good riddance Google Reader: Feedly throws switch on alternate RSS service
- Financial services firm figures out how to do social safely
- Social media adds spice to financial services, say banks
- Google Analytics advocate touts plans to own the Universal customer view
- Google asks to make surveillance orders public, citing First Amendment
- ADMA criticises government plans for compulsory data breach notification