- 1 August 2012 09:42
ManageEngine Updates Firewall Analyzer with “IPFIX with Extensions”
ManageEngine, the real-time IT management company, today announced the immediate availability of Firewall Analyzer 7.4, an updated release of their popular IT security management tool. The update further extends security management capabilities using “IPFIX with extensions”, an important vendor neutral method of analysing traffic flows and user activity. ManageEngine Firewall Analyzer is a log analytics and configuration management software tool for network security devices like firewalls, proxy servers, intrusion detection systems (IDS)/intrusion prevention systems (IPS) and virtual private networks (VPNs).
The product is used for end-point security monitoring and analysis, change management, employee internet monitoring, bandwidth monitoring, capacity planning, policy enforcement, and security and compliance audit reporting. Firewall Analyzer is vendor-agnostic and supports almost all open source and commercial network firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPNs, proxies and related security devices.
Alex D Paul, Director - ITSM Products at ManageEngine commented, “Firewall Analyzer greatly simplifies the task of tracing and monitoring user activities on the network. The new updated features make it easier to automatically extract sophisticated traffic flow information from existing network and security infrastructure devices. This can help IT teams pinpoint problems faster and respond rapidly during security incidents.”
The new software update adds user-group VPN reports, application reports for Check Point and SonicWALL, and a dedicated compliance section for monitoring firewall rules and change management. For more information on ManageEngine Firewall Analyzer, please visit http://www.fwanalyzer.com.
IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) is the NetFlow standard that is vendor neutral. With increasing adoption of IPFIX in Enterprise IT organizations, Firewall Analyzer now supports ‘IPFIX with extensions’ flow reporting for SonicWALL firewalls running SonicOS 5.8.x.
‘IPFIX with extensions’ supports both static and dynamic flows and provides unparalleled insight into application traffic analysis, bandwidth monitoring, threat detection, user activity tracking, VPN usage, and more.
Network Security Monitoring Enhancements
The latest version of Firewall Analyzer introduces advanced functionality that facilitates effortless and effective network security monitoring with features such as:
• Dedicated Compliance Section: A single-pane-of-glass console for configuring device rules, viewing firewall change management reports and alerts. • User-group VPN Reports: Provides VPN usage details for a group of users with details on number of hits, duration of usage, and total bytes of VPN traffic. • Application Reports for Check Point and SonicWALL: Previous version of Firewall Analyzer provided reports for applications (like Skype, Yahoo! Messenger, etc.) accessed through FortiGate firewalls alone. In this release, it has been extended to Check Point and SonicWALL devices.
Pricing and Availability
Firewall Analyzer 7.4 is available immediately and can be downloaded at http://www.manageengine.com/products/firewall/download.html. Pricing starts at $395 USD for one device.
A fully functional, 30-day trial version is also available for download.
For more information on ManageEngine Firewall Analyzer, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/products/firewall. Follow the product blog at http://blogs.fwanalyzer.com, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/LogAnalyzer and on Twitter at @LogGuru.
• Customer Testimonials: http://ow.ly/ck25t • Online demo: http://demo.fwanalyzer.com/ • Our customers: http://ow.ly/9I7T8 • Other Firewall Analyzer resources: http://ow.ly/cl7Ku
Related ManageEngine News
• ManageEngine Announced as Finalist for Best of Interop 2012; http://ow.ly/amyU2 • ManageEngine Fortifies Firewall Analyzer with Cisco, Fortinet, Check Point Virtual Firewall Support; http://ow.ly/9Q3E9
ManageEngine delivers the real-time IT management tools that empower an IT team to meet an organization’s need for real-time services and support. Worldwide, more than 60,000 established and emerging enterprises - including more than 60 percent of the Fortune 500 — rely on ManageEngine products to ensure the optimal performance of their critical IT infrastructure, including networks, servers, applications, desktops and more. ManageEngine is a division of Zoho Corp. with offices worldwide, including the United States, United Kingdom, India, Japan and China.
For more information, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/; follow the company blog at http://blogs.manageengine.com/, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ManageEngine and on Twitter at @ManageEngine.
Media Contact: Sebastian Rice, email@example.com, +61 2 9571 1330.
Sign up now »
Enterprise-wide cloud implementation can be a challenging process, requiring a thoughtful, strategic approach. In this whitepaper, IBM® shares considerations for developing enterprise cloud strategies. It looks into how the rapid-scale enterprise- class environment can help enable the type of agile infrastructure that aids organisations in quickly meeting the demands of an ever-evolving marketplace, thereby providing true business value.
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- The week in security: Aussie banks targeted as mobiles drive privacy fears
- Bank trojan targets users of Bitcoin exchange Mt Gox
- Security Manager's Journal: NAC deployment means better access control at last
- Australian Information Security Association issues blunt warning as National Cyber Security Awareness Week begins
- Why don't risk management programs work?