- 1 February 2011 10:24
Fitness First Australia Implements Oracle Business Intelligence 11g to Drive Energy Efficiency Improvements
Sydney, AUSTRALIA – 1 February, 2011
• Fitness First, the largest global health club and gym operator with over a million members in 500 clubs worldwide, has implemented Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g, Oracle Essbase and Oracle partner product Environmental Measurement and Management Application (EMMA) to measure and reduce the company’s carbon footprint and lower operational costs in 95 Fitness First gyms in Australia.
• Fitness First’s Australian organisation wanted to emulate the success of the UK clubs by producing efficiency improvements. The business wanted to meet National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting (NGER) Act requirements, measure the results of efficiency projects and infuse change by providing gym managers, staff, and members with intelligent and accessible information about their energy consumption.
• The organisation implemented EMMA, a sustainability analytics tool developed using Oracle technology, that accurately measures and reports resource consumption and CO2 equivalents.
• The solution leverages Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g and Oracle Essbase to transfer operational data (such as readings from gym electricity meters, localised weather information) to a data mart for analysis and then to an OLAP cube for deeper analysis, modelling and forecasting. The solution leverages Oracle Data Integrator Enterprise Edition and runs on Oracle Database 11g.
• As a result of the Oracle solutions, Fitness First Australia reduced total energy consumption and carbon emission by 10% for the company’s financial year ending 2010 and has achieved NGER Act requirements.
• Oracle presented Fitness First Australia with an 'Enable the Eco-Enterprise' 2010 award at Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco 2010. The international award recognises corporations that have reduced their environmental impact while also maintaining business efficiencies. Fitness First is the first company in the Australian fitness industry to receive the award.
• “The primary goal of Fitness First in undertaking this project was to reduce our carbon footprint by lowering energy consumption within our gyms. This could not have been achieved without the Oracle-based sustainability analytics tool, EMMA. The vast amounts of energy data consolidated in EMMA’s dashboard make complex analysis very straightforward but outstandingly valuable to Fitness First’s plans,” said Michael Rose, Procurement Manager, Fitness First Australia.
• “Oracle is proud to be associated with organisations like Fitness First who are using Oracle technology in an innovative fashion to enable a greener community. Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g delivers contextual, relevant and actionable insight to everyone in an organization, resulting in improved decision-making, better-informed actions, and more efficient business processes. Fitness First has taken this to the next level and, as result, Oracle’s ‘Enable the Eco-Enterprise’ award is well deserved,” said Fintan Diviney, General Manager, Business Intelligence and Enterprise Performance Management, Oracle Australia and New Zealand.
• Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g
• Oracle Essbase
• About Environmental Measurement and Management Application (EMMA)
• Oracle Data Integrator Enterprise Edition
• Oracle Database 11g
• About Enable the Eco Enterprise
About Fitness First
Fitness First, fitness for everyone...everywhere Fitness First offers everyone, no matter your age or fitness level, the opportunity to improve your health and fitness as well as have fun.
A Fitness First gym provides comfortable surroundings, state-of-the-art gym equipment and the latest Group Fitness Programs. We have friendly and knowledgeable staff, ensuring our members receive a fantastic experience with every visit to the gym.
We started with just one gym and the simple philosophy of providing affordable fitness. Over a decade later, we are still committed to offering the same. Fitness First is the largest global health club and gym operator with over a million members in 500 clubs worldwide. We are your passport to fitness, giving you access to over 90 convenient gym locations across Australia.
So wherever your travels may take you, there is likely to be a Fitness First gym right around the corner. It's never been so convenient to stay in shape!
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
# # #
Oracle Corporation +61 2 94912152 email@example.com
Sign up now »
Cloud and Co-Location Solutions
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- Commonwealth Bank leads four Australian brands in the 2013 top 100 Global brands list
- More Australians are using mobiles to connect to social media: report
- Oo.com.au partners with Responsys to overhaul digital customer strategy
- Coles Flybuys wins over Aussie consumers in new customer loyalty schemes report
- Tablet advertising exceeds smartphone spend in March quarter: IAB