- 22 October 2010 09:49
M.Tech Australia floats Cloud seminar on benefits vs costs
A key dilemma for organisations considering cloud computing lies in whether the benefits outweigh the costs in risk management, according to distributor M.Tech Australia.
The company has invited industry experts to an i.Security and Networking Seminar, to discuss solutions to address the security challenges facing cloud computing, while increasing productivity and collaboration across enterprises.
According to M.Tech Channel Marketing Manager, April Tarry, cloud computing benefits such as reduced IT infrastructure costs, organisational agility, device and location independence, need to be weighed against the time and cost invested in risk management.
During the seminar, at the Sydney Hilton Hotel on November 8, a comprehensive overview will be given on:
• The rise in web-based malware relating to cloud services. • Firewall operations and network security management. • Visibility, security and control. • Email security and compliance. • Next generation security and pro-active network defence.
The i.Security and Networking Seminar is being sponsored by data security vendors BlueCoat, Imperva, Proofpoint, Splunk and Tufin.
About M.Tech Group
The M.Tech Group of companies is part of the Singapore Exchange-Listed Multi-Chem Group. Established in May 2002, M.Tech is a leading regional distributor of IT Security, Application Delivery Network, Storage and Video Communication solutions, with operations in 25 cities in 10 countries in APAC. M.Tech is also an authorised training centre for security and network certified courses. For more details about M.Tech and our full spectrum of integrated products and solutions, please visit www.mtechpro.com
For more details of the i.Security & Networking Seminar, please visit http://www.mtechpro.com/2010/isecurity2010/au/
For more information
April Tarry Channel Marketing Manager, M.Tech Phone: +61.2.8987 0414 or +61 (0) 406 417 358 Email: email@example.com Web: www.mtechpro.com
Sign up now »
The latest version of the flagship McAfee® Gateway Anti-Malware technology adapts to new threats and plans for future threats with a modular design that allows for the easy addition of components for maximum flexibility for future malicious exploit trends.
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- Apple end-to-end encryption far from bulletproof
- Java 7 Update 25 fixes 40 security issues, turns on certificate revocation checking
- Statistics reaffirm breach threat, but executive inaction still impeding security: Black Swan
- Apple pours OS X Snow Leopard another Java fix
- With faster 5G Wi-Fi coming, Wi-Fi Alliance kicks off certification program
- Social media adds spice to financial services, say banks
- Google Analytics advocate touts plans to own the Universal customer view
- Google asks to make surveillance orders public, citing First Amendment
- ADMA criticises government plans for compulsory data breach notification
- Google Glass privacy concerns raised by international data protection authorities