Demystifying the Cloud - FrontRange Solutions & IDC
FrontRange Solutions invites you to an exclusive breakfast briefing session with keynote speaker Chris Morris Associate VP, Services Practice Asia Pacific, Cloud Services Asia Pacific, IDC Australia.
During 2011–2012, the way in which CIOs assess and select cloud services underwent a fundamental and lasting change. The early tendency to effectively outsource an IT function to the cloud in order to achieve lower IT delivery costs has changed to a business-driven attitude and CIOs now report that they are not seeking cloud services per se, but are looking for solutions to address new business requirements. These new business requirements are now best delivered by way of externally sourced services, usually based on the 'cloud’ deployment model. The only other solution would be to continue using the traditional time and asset-intensive approach, which may fail to meet the desired ROI because of the time and cost involved.
It is quite natural for early adopters of cloud services in Australia to tread cautiously and begin by migrating non-mission critical workloads to the cloud until they get more confident with the maturity of cloud services for more mission critical workloads. This is why we need more case studies and examples of real-world applications, which can help dispel the myths, fears and uncertainties of cloud computing.
This session from IDC directly addresses the real and perceived benefits and fear, uncertainty and doubt around the cloud by reference to the experience of CIOs who have already begun their cloud journey: dealing with risk, understanding the commercial aspects of cloud contracts, re-profiling of the IT workforce and balancing the cost reduction expectations of executive management with prudent IT governance.
This not to be missed session is hosted by special guest, Kevin J Smith, Vice President and General Manager Cloud Business Unit, FrontRange Solutions Inc. who will be visiting from the US.
What: FREE Exclusive Breakfast Briefing Session – Demystifying the Cloud
When: Wednesday 25 July 2012 – 7.45am – 9.30am
Where: Four Points by Sheraton Hotel, 161 Sussex Street, Sydney
7.45am Hot Plated Breakfast
8.00am Presentation Begins
9.30am Presentation Concludes
Four Points by Sheraton Hotel, 161 Sussex Street, Sydney
Sign up now »
A data security breach is every organisation’s worst nightmare. It impacts the relationship with your employees, erodes the trust with your customers and threatens your organisation’s reputation
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- Pentagon clearance for iOS could open even more doors for Apple in the private sector
- Digital strongboxes won't solve whistleblower problem for journalists
- ACMA database keeps finger on Australia’s malware pulse
- Bit9, FireEye, Palo Alto Networks team to hit zero-day malware
- Opinion varies on action against Chinese cyberattacks
- Commonwealth Bank leads four Australian brands in the 2013 top 100 Global brands list
- More Australians are using mobiles to connect to social media: report
- Oo.com.au partners with Responsys to overhaul digital customer strategy
- Coles Flybuys wins over Aussie consumers in new customer loyalty schemes report
- Tablet advertising exceeds smartphone spend in March quarter: IAB