This manual equips students with a working knowledge of the nature of ingredients and how they function in particular foods. A wide range of exercises--addressing topics from food preservation to frozen desserts, measuring techniques to fats and emulsions, fruit selection to egg cookery, breads and pastry to meat and poultry--guide students through standard recipes, with clear and complete directions for handling ingredients and cooking foods. Throughout, vocabularies introduce technical words essential to understanding food products and preparation. Questions to test students' knowledge follow each exercise. The text also includes discussion of laboratory procedures, sanitation in the kitchen, emergency substitutions, identification of meat cuts, the safe storage of food, and the care and cleaning of small appliances.
New to this edition are over 50 additional recipes, which reflect the many tastes that influence today’s palate. All recipes have been reviewed and updated to ensure healthful and nutritious food preparation, as well as product quality and performance. Students and instructors alike will find the new and improved recipes and updated nutritional and food facts of Food Selection and Preparation, Second Edition a truly satisfying full course.
- Active Outcomes 1 Pdhpe Stage 4 Worksheets
- StudyOn HSC Personal Development, Health and Human Development + Study Cards
- Metabolism at a Glance 3E
- Key Concepts in VCE Health and Human Development Units 3&4 + StudyOn VCE Health & Human Development Value Pack
- Key Concepts in VCE Health & Human Development Units 3&4 eGuidePLUS (Registration Card)
- Readers Quotation Book CLO
- Living with Diabetes - the Diabetes UK Guide for Those Treated with Insulin 2E
- Wedding Planning for Dummies, Australian Edition
Sign up now »
The latest version of the flagship McAfee® Gateway Anti-Malware technology adapts to new threats and plans for future threats with a modular design that allows for the easy addition of components for maximum flexibility for future malicious exploit trends.
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- AusCERT 2013: Introduction to Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion - AusCERT Presentation
- Auscert 2013: Perimeter protection has failed, encryption needs its day in the sun
- AusCERT 2013: Low-level analysis can find, map data deleted from Android phones
- Cybercrime Survey: Almost half of small business victims
- AusCERT 2013: Cloud-based scanner identifies new malware by its ancestry
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Rapid-growing mobile payments market is driving a financial fraud marketplace
- HP profit falls 32 per cent as PC and server sales decline
- Google launching new fund for later-stage tech investments
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes