Mathematics Assessment: What Works in the Classroom (@Lsi)
-- Thomas A. Romberg, director, National Center for Research in Mathematical Sciences Education, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Kulm offers hands-on guidelines for assessing student understanding of procedures, concepts, and problem-solving, including advice on developing and interpreting assessment tasks, assessing individual and group mathematical activities, using scoring rubrics, developing student portfolios, and more.
Table of Contents
Purposes and Goals of Assessment.
Assessment and Mathematics Teaching.
Procedural and Conceptual Knowledge.
Problem Solving and Strategic Knowledge.
PLANNING AND DESIGNING AN ASSESSMENT PROGRAM.
Getting Started in Alternative Assessment.
Student Mathematical Products.
Individual Mathematical Performance.
Group Mathematical Performance.
Student Self-Assessment and Affective Factors.
Scoring and Grading Techniques.
CLASSROOM ASSESSMENT MODELS.
Models for Elementary Grades.
Models for Middle Grades.
Models for High School.
Effects of Alternative Assessment in Mathematics Classrooms.
Sign up now »
A data security breach is every organisation’s worst nightmare. It impacts the relationship with your employees, erodes the trust with your customers and threatens your organisation’s reputation
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- AusCERT 2013: Low-level analysis can find, map data deleted from Android phones
- Cybercrime Survey: Almost half of small business victims
- AusCERT 2013: Cloud-based scanner identifies new malware by its ancestry
- AusCERT 2013: What's it like to be a 'Nigerian scam' victim?
- AusCERT 2013: Ashley Deuble: Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes
- Vodafone revenue and profit drop as European troubles continue
- Apple to tell Senate it pays every cent of its taxes
- Cash visibility tops list in first Asia-Pacific treasury report