Handbook of Palliative Care 2E
1st Edition was the WINNER of the 1999 BMA Medical Book of the Year Prize
Why you should buy this book
- Comprehensive and authoritative text with a very practical and thorough approach
- Written by competent experts in the areas of their contributions
- New sections on heart failure, respiratory failure and end-stage renal failure
- Coverage of medicine management and complementary medicine in palliative care
- Discusses important areas of audit and ethical issues in palliative medicine
“The second edition responds to evaluative comments on the first edition in strengthening its multidisciplinary focus and providing a broader professional approach through both the editorial team and contributors. It aims, as before, to embrace practical issues as well as to provide an evidence-based and empirical approach...”
From the Preface
Professor Yvonne Carter BSc MB BS MD FRCGP DRCOG DCH, School of Medicine & Dentistry, St Barts & The Royal London Hospital, London
Table of Contents
1. The Context and Principles of Palliative Care.
2. Teamworking for Effective Palliative Care.
3. Needs and Social Exclusion at the End of Life.
4. User Voices in Palliative Care.
5. Ethical Issues in Palliative Care.
6. Communication Skills in Palliative Care.
7. Adapting to Death, Dying and Bereavement.
8. The Principles of Pain Management.
9. The Management of Gastrointestinal Symptoms and Advanced Liver Disease.
10. The Management of Respiratory Symptoms.
11. Managing Complications of Cancer.
12. The Management of People with Advanced Head and Neck Cancers.
13. Palliative Care for People with Progressive Neurological Disorders.
14. Palliative Care for People with HIV Infection and AIDS.
15. Palliative Care for Children.
16. Palliative Care for Adolescents and Young Adults.
17. Palliative Care in Advanced Heart Disease.
18. Palliative Care in Renal Disease.
19. management of Lymphoedema.
20. Pressure Area Care and the Management of Fungating Wounds.
21. Terminal Care and Dying.
22. Medicines Management in Palliative Care.
23. Complementary Approaches to Palliative Care.
Sign up now »
Cloud and Co-Location Solutions
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- AusCERT 2013: What's it like to be a 'Nigerian scam' victim?
- AusCERT 2013: Ashley Deuble: Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion
- AusCERT 2013: World needs debate about “hack-back” rules of engagement
- AusCERT 2013: Police urge banks to install ATM chip technology
- Twitter aims to become safer with two-step sign-in
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes
- Vodafone revenue and profit drop as European troubles continue
- Apple to tell Senate it pays every cent of its taxes
- Cash visibility tops list in first Asia-Pacific treasury report