Foundations of College Chemistry 11E
Susan Arena has taught chemistry to students at many levels including middle school, high school, community college and most recently at University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. She especially focuses on using active learning techniques to improve the understanding of concepts in chemistry. Susan currently authors chemistry texts and electronic media, and presents workshops for teachers in suing active learning and electronic media to teach chemistry. She collaborated with Morris Hein on the seventh edition of Foundations of College Chemistry and became a co-author on the eight edition. She is also a co-author of Introduction to General, Organic and Biochemistry, Seventh Edition.
Table of Contents
2. Standards for Measurements.
3. Classification of Matter.
4. Properties of Matter.
5. Early Atomic Theory and Structure.
6. Nomeclature of Inorganic Compounds.
7. Quantitative Composition of Compounds.
8. Chemical Equations.
9. Calculations from Chemical Equations.
10. Modern Atomic Theory and the Periodic Table.
11. Chemical Bonds: The Formation of Compounds from Atoms.
12. The Gaseous State of Matter.
13. Water and the Properties of Liquids.
15. Acids, Bases, and Salts.
16. Chemical Equilibrium.
18. Nuclear Chemistry.
19. Introduction to Organic Chemistry.
20. Introduction to Biochemistry.
Appendix I. Mathematical Review.
Appendix II. Using a Scientific Calculator.
Appendix III. Vapor Pressure of Water at Various Temperatures.
Appendix IV. Units of Measurement.
Appendix V. Solubility Table.
Appendix VI. Answers to Even-Numbered Questions and Exercises.
Sign up now »
While many organisations need the flexibility, security and control that a private cloud offers, they don’t want the complexity and expenses that come with many cloud implementations. This whitepaper looks into how IBM SmartCloud Provisioning can provide a low-cost, highly scalable entry point into cloud computing that enables organisations to increase business agility and optimise virtualisation.
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- Researchers find critical vulnerabilities in popular game engines
- Pentagon clearance for iOS could open even more doors for Apple in the private sector
- Digital strongboxes won't solve whistleblower problem for journalists
- ACMA database keeps finger on Australia’s malware pulse
- Bit9, FireEye, Palo Alto Networks team to hit zero-day malware
- Commonwealth Bank leads four Australian brands in the 2013 top 100 Global brands list
- More Australians are using mobiles to connect to social media: report
- Oo.com.au partners with Responsys to overhaul digital customer strategy
- Coles Flybuys wins over Aussie consumers in new customer loyalty schemes report
- Tablet advertising exceeds smartphone spend in March quarter: IAB