Equity Asset Valuation, Second Edition
A comprehensive look at the equity valuation process
With the Second Edition of Equity Asset Valuation, the distinguished team of Jerald Pinto, Elaine Henry, Thomas Robinson, and John Stowe, fully update information associated with this important discipline. Blending theory with practice, they detail the contemporary techniques used to determine the intrinsic value of an equity security, and show you how to successfully apply these techniques in both foreign and domestic markets.
Unlike alternative works in this field, the Second Edition of Equity Asset Valuation clearly integrates finance and accounting concepts into the discussion-providing the evenness of subject matter treatment, consistency of notation, and continuity of topic coverage that is so critical to the learning process.
- Addresses essential issues in this arena, including the equity valuation process, discounted dividend valuation, free cash flow valuation, and residual income valuation
- Each author brings his own unique experiences and perspectives to the equity analysis process
- Distills the knowledge, skills, and abilities you need to succeed in today's fast-paced financial environment
- Companion Workbook also available
Valuable for classroom study, self-study, and general reference, this book contains clear, example-driven coverage of many of today's most important valuation issues.
JERALD E. PINTO, PHD, CFA, is Director, Curri-culum Projects, in the Education Division at CFA Institute. Before coming to the CFA Institute in 2002, he consulted to corporations, foundations, and partnerships in investment planning, portfolio analysis, valuation, and quantitative analysis. Pinto also worked in the investment and banking industries in New York and taught finance at NYU's Stern School of Business. He holds an MBA from Baruch College, a PhD in finance from the Stern School, and is a member of CFA Virginia.
ELAINE HENRY, PHD, CFA, is an Assistant Professor of Accounting at the University of Miami, where she teaches courses in accounting, financial statement analysis, and valuation. After working in corporate finance at Lehman Brothers, strategy consulting at McKinsey & Company, and corporate banking at Citibank, she obtained a PhD from Rutgers University where she majored in accounting and minored in finance.
THOMAS R. ROBINSON, PHD, CFA, CPA, CFP, is Managing Director of the Education Division at CFA Institute. He joined the CFA Institute as head of educational content in 2007 from the University of Miami, where he was an associate professor of accounting and director of the Master of Professional Accounting Program. Robinson was also concurrently managing director of a private wealth investment advisory firm. He was active locally and nationally with CFA Institute prior to joining the staff.
JOHN D. STOWE, PHD, CFA, is O'Bleness Chair Professor of Finance at Ohio University. He previously served as Head of Curriculum Development and Director of Exam Development at the CFA Institute. Stowe has also been professor of finance and associate dean at the University of Missouri-Columbia, where he taught investments and corporate finance. Stowe has won several teaching awards and has published frequently in academic and professional journals in finance. He is also coauthor of a college-level textbook in corporate finance. Stowe earned his BA from Centenary College and his PhD in economics from the University of Houston. He obtained his CFA charter in 1995.
Sign up now »
Modernizing Security for the Small and Mid-Sized Business – Recommendations for 2013 (Sponsored by McAfee)
As small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) take advantage of the compelling benefits of the transformations in their IT computing infrastructure they should also re-think how they deal with the corresponding vulnerabilities, threats and risks. Specifically, email security, web security and secure file sharing should be considered foundational security capabilities for every small and mid-sized business, in addition to anti-virus and firewalls.
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
- AusCERT 2013: Kill the password, says Mozilla
- AusCERT 2013: Unmanaged, unknown privileged logins opening the door for APTs: Cyber-Ark
- AusCERT 2013: Companies unaware of IPv6 security risk even if they’re not using it
- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 roundup
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia