Designing Conflict Management Systems: A Guide to Creating Productive and Healthy Organizations
Conflict in the workplace is always an eventuality. But it needn't be so costly or counter-productive. This book presents a clear, step-by-step approach for developing conflict management systems within any organization that anticipate the inevitability of conflict and deal with it in a effecient, cost-effective way. The authors, both promiment experts in the field, present a structured process for assessing conflict management programs in order to improve them or to implement new ones. As such, this book serves as an excellent resource for organization development and human resource professionals and consultants interested in proactively tackling the business concerns that conflict brings.
Table of Contents
Organizational and Individual Responses to Conflict.
Conflict Management as a System.
The Emerging Use of ADR in Organizations.
IMPROVING CONFLICT MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS.
Interest-Based Dispute Systems Design.
Moving into the System: Entry and Contracting.
Looking at the Big Picture: Organizational Assessment.
Constructing Conflict Management Models: Design Architecture.
Building a Knowledge and Skill Base: Training and Education.
Getting Started: Implementation.
Motivating Others: Rewards and Incentives.
Figuring Out If It Works: Evaluation.
TROUBLESHOOTING CONFLICT MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS.
Taking the System as You Find It.
Having Tea with Your Demons: Resistance and Constraints.
Epilogue: Policy and Practice Implications for Improvement of Conflict Management Systems.
Sign up now »
The latest version of the flagship McAfee® Gateway Anti-Malware technology adapts to new threats and plans for future threats with a modular design that allows for the easy addition of components for maximum flexibility for future malicious exploit trends.
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- Statistics reaffirm breach threat, but executive inaction still impeding security: Black Swan
- Google asks to make surveillance orders public, citing First Amendment
- Expanded '2-person rule' could help plug NSA leaks
- Think like an attacker -- not a consultant
- SMBs having problems with backup, recovery: study
- Google Analytics advocate touts plans to own the Universal customer view
- ADMA criticises government plans for compulsory data breach notification
- The innovative and social CMO: CommBank's Andy Lark
- 5 social media deals that make Waze and Tumblr seem like steals
- Omnicom Media Group to deploy Salesforce Marketing Cloud worldwide