Concise Companion to Modernism
- Offers an innovative approach to understanding the Modernist literary mind in Britain.
- Helps readers to grasp the intellectual and cultural contexts of literary Modernism.
- Organised around contemporary ideas such as Freudianism and eugenics rather than literary genres.
- Relates literary Modernism to the overarching issues of the period, such as feminism, imperialism and war.
Table of Contents
Notes On Contributors.
Introduction (David Bradshaw).
1. The Life Sciences: Everybody Nowadays Talks About Evolution (Angelique Richardson).
2. Eugenics: They Should Certainly Be Killed (David Bradshaw).
3. Nietzscheanism: The Superman And The All-Too-Human (Michael Bell).
4. Anthropology: The Latest Form Of Evening Entertainment (Jeremy Macclancy).
5. Bergsonism: Time Out Of Mind (Mary Ann Gillies).
6. Psychoanalysis In Britain: The Rituals Of Destruction (Stephen Frosh).
7. Language: History Is A Nightmare From Which I Am Trying To Awake (April Mcmahon).
8. Technology: Multiplied Mann (Tim Armstrong).
9. The Concept Of The State: The Discredit Of The State Is A Sign That It Has Done Its Work Well (Sarah Wilkinson).
10. Physics: A Strange Footprint (Michael H. Whitworth).
11. Modernist Publishing: Nomads And Mapmakers (Peter Mcdonald).
12. Reading: "’Mind Hungers' Common And Uncommon" (Todd Avery and Patrick Brantlinger).
Sign up now »
COPY: In a world accustomed to multiple, fragmented technologies and point solutions, MSPs need a unified approach that supports endpoint management across heterogeneous devices and operating systems. This buyers’ guide outlines features and capabilities that comprise an effective endpoint management solution to help enhance visibility and control for hundreds of thousands of distributed endpoints.
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- Layered defenses largely fail to block exploits, says NSS
- Researchers warn of increased Zeus malware activity this year
- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
- AusCERT 2013: Kill the password, says Mozilla
- AusCERT 2013: Unmanaged, unknown privileged logins opening the door for APTs: Cyber-Ark
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia