Biomedical Chemistry: Applying Chemical Principlesto the Understanding and Treatment of Disease
* Mechanism-based drug discovery
* Design of new antitumor and antiviral agents
* Targeting tumors using magnetic drug delivery
* Antisense and antigene agents
Easily accessible to anyone with a solid undergraduate background in chemistry, Biomedical Chemistry is an excellent resource for researchers in health-related fields as well as anyone seeking an overview of frontier topics in medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry, and biochemistry.
Table of Contents
Sleeping Sickness: Irreversible Inhibitors of S-Adenosylmethionine Decarboxylase as Antitrypanosomal Agents (P. Woster).
Mechanism-Based S-Adenosyl-L-Homocysteine Hydrolase Inhibitors in the Search For Broad-Spectrum Antiviral Agents (D. Yin, et al.).
Alcoholism: Aldehyde Dehydrogenase Inhibitors as Alcohol Deterrent Agents (H. Nagasawa, et al.).
AIDS: Adenosine Deaminase-Activated Prodrugs for the Treatment of Huamn Immunodeficiency Virus in the Central Nervous System (J. Driscoll).
Anti-HIV Phosphotriester Pronucleotides: Basis for the Rational Design of Biolabile Phosphate Protecting Groups (C. Perigaud, et al.).
EXPLORATION OF FUNDAMENTAL CHEMICAL PRINCIPLES IN DRUG DESIGN AND DISCOVERY.
AIDS: Potential Inhibitors of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Replication (G. Kenyon).
From Chemical Warfare Agent to Anticancer Drug: The Chemistry of Phosphoramide Mustard (S. Ludeman).
Phosphoryltyrosyl Mimetics as Signaling Modulators and Potential Antitumor Agents (T. Burke, et al.).
Targeting Tumors Using Magnetic Drug Delivery (S. Pulfer & J. Gallo).
Cancer: Superacid Generation of New Antitumor Agents (J.-C. Jacquesy & J. Fahy).
Fluorine Substitution as a Modulator of Biological Processes (K. Kirk).
UNDERSTANDING THE CHEMICAL BASIS OF DRUG ACTION AND DISEASE.
Thiouracil and Related Thioureylene Compounds as Melanoma-Seekers: Paradigms for a Chemical Approach to the Design of Targeting Anticancer Agents (M. d'Ischia & G. Prota).
Carbon-Centered Radicals and Rational Design of New Antimalarial Peroxide Drugs (G. Posner, et al.).
The Chemistry of Parkinson's Disease (G. Dryhurst, et al.).
NOVEL CHEMISTRIES IN THE VANGUARD OF BIOTECHNOLOGY AND DRUG DISCOVERY.
New Generation of DNA Chips Based on Real-Time Biomimetic Recognition (F. Garnier).
Peptide Nucleic Acids (PNA): Towards Gene Therapeutic Drugs (P. Nielsen).
Ribozyme Mimics: The Evolution of Gene-Specific Chemotherapy (T. Osiek, et al.).
Sign up now »
A data security breach is every organisation’s worst nightmare. It impacts the relationship with your employees, erodes the trust with your customers and threatens your organisation’s reputation
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- Apple end-to-end encryption far from bulletproof
- Java 7 Update 25 fixes 40 security issues, turns on certificate revocation checking
- Statistics reaffirm breach threat, but executive inaction still impeding security: Black Swan
- Apple pours OS X Snow Leopard another Java fix
- With faster 5G Wi-Fi coming, Wi-Fi Alliance kicks off certification program
- Social media adds spice to financial services, say banks
- Google Analytics advocate touts plans to own the Universal customer view
- Google asks to make surveillance orders public, citing First Amendment
- ADMA criticises government plans for compulsory data breach notification
- Google Glass privacy concerns raised by international data protection authorities