FireEye has appointed Tom Tokic to the role of channel manager in Canberra, tasked with overseeing the vendor’s Federal and Telstra accounts.
Joining from Dimension Data, Tokic spent 16 years at the systems integrator, carrying out management roles across New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory.
Reporting to FireEye director of Channel and Commercial Sales, Sean Kopelke, Tokic is responsible for building out the security vendor’s federal government channel operations.
“FireEye continues to build our channel organisation within A/NZ to meet the rising demand for security offerings,” FireEye regional director of Australia and New Zealand, Richard Metcalfe, told ARN.
“Government agencies in Australia and around the world are often subject to targeted cyber attacks at a rate much higher than average, and we are determined to protect as many organisations as possible.”
Tokic’s appointment follows the departure of FireEye Australia and New Zealand channel manager, Lani Edwards, who resigned from her role at the security vendor after 18 months.
As reported by ARN, Edwards vacated her position in late August.
- Telstra to lean on wideband design partners as job cuts loom
- Tech leaders top list of LinkedIn Aussie Power Profiles
- NSW opens up to Digital Marketplace IT providers
- What are the cyber security skills that matter in Australia?
- Telstra and Microsoft give voice to Office 365
- Double departure hits IBM following census debacle
- Are Aussie businesses prepared for mandatory breach notification laws?
- Perception vs. Reality - Are Australian partners prepared for the next wave of security?
- Committee recommends greater scrutiny of WA Govt IT contracts
- Telstra augments field tech team to improve installation times
- Vodafone blames router issues for network outage