Australian Cloud security specialists FirstWave Cloud Technology has recruited former Director of Microsoft Global Practices, John-Paul Burgess, to build professional services and local support.
As a key Telstra partner of almost ten years, FirstWave said the increased deployment of its Cloud analytics and content security platforms through enterprises in Australia has required the “rapid upscaling” of its services division.
“John-Paul brings local and regional services experience that will allow us to rapidly deploy, and importantly, locally support our growing cloud platforms with major enterprise and government customers,” FirstWave Cloud Technology, Managing Director, Steve O’Brien, said.
Since 2007, FirstWave has provided cloud security gateway solutions to Telstra Enterprise and Government customers.
O’Brien said as part of the growing demand for Cloud based security solutions, FirstWave is expanding its service and support teams to meet expanded work loads in Australia and the wider Asia regions.
With more than 20 years of IT services industry, Burgess joins the company with experience in building and leading teams in professional and customer services across Australia, New Zealand and Asia for companies such as Microsoft and NCR.
During his career, Burgess has built a security practices locally, as well as leading teams of over 70 Cisco and Microsoft engineers, consultants and project managers throughout the region in a variety of roles.
“I am excited to be joining an innovative Australian cloud technology company with huge growth potential,” Burgess added.
“Cloud technology services is in high demand and I look forward to consolidating and building a cloud service and support team right here in Australia.”
- Maintenance demand key as Aussie virtualisation spend surpasses $230 million mark
- IBM deepens Salesforce play with Cloud consulting partner acquisition
- Can Stephen Elop realise Telstra’s global ambitions?
- West Australian metalwork firm pays $100k damages following illegal software use
- Check Point responds to Govt cyber strategy with free security screening for businesses
- EXCLUSIVE: Sitting down with Synnex...
- PC market sinks to 2011 levels as tablets tumble in tandem
- Avnet - uncovering two sides of distribution...
- How partners can help businesses win the cyberattack street fight
- ACCC opens discussions over Telstra’s variations to NBN migration
- Cloud of controversy forms as Telstra sacks CTO