Australian packaging company, Visy, is the first company to deploy a Riverbed and Microsoft joint solution for branch office IT infrastructure.
Visy chose Riverbed’s hyper-converged edge solution SteelFusion, to virtualise its remote office infrastructure within its Datacentre.
Microsoft Azure and Azure StorSimple was selected to consolidate remote office data for storage, back-up and recovery.
“We had been looking for a few years to extend Cloud-based backup to our edge sites, but it was never possible before we found SteelFusion which, together with Microsoft’s StoreSimple, gives us the ability to backup those files and folders directly to Azure,” said Visy IT operations manager, Daymon Whitehead.
“We’ve removed a great deal of complexity from our environment, which will significantly streamline IT management and administration. Ultimately, when you consider the competitive cost-per-gig we get from Azure and StorSimple, the productivity gains from accelerated recovery times, together with simplified management, SteelFusion was a no-brainer,” he added.
- Channel partners in A/NZ face business model shifts: Nintex
- Veritas hits Google Cloud
- GoDaddy enters public Cloud market
- Oracle appoints Therese Jones
- As PC shipments “bottom out”, 2017 provides grounds for market growth
- Ping Identity inaugurates Australian datacentre
- Riverbed updates its partner program