Information management company, Veritas, has introduced support for Google Cloud platform in its NetBackup 7.7 and Backup Exec 15 solutions.
The company said organisations can use Google public Cloud as a backup destination, run back up and perform disaster recovery to or from the Google Cloud Platform. With this support, Veritas is delivering needed visibility and control for hybrid cloud environments.
Veritas said its NetBackup 7.7 supports Google Cloud Storage Nearline with enterprise-grade capabilities. The combination enables use of Cloud storage as an alternative to tape, when choosing long-term storage of backup data.
NetBackup monitors and manages data protection on-premises and to private and public Clouds and lifecycle management capabilities manage when and how information is moved from online disk to Google Cloud Storage.
Targeted at the mid-market, Veritas’ Backup Exec 15, data protection is said to deliver flexible, easy-to-use backup and recovery for virtual, physical and Cloud platforms. It supports Google Cloud Storage Standard and Durable Reduced Availability Storage.
- 40,000 new business users on board as Google honours top-performing Fronde
- Global mobile proximity payments set to surpass 1 billion by 2019: Ovum
- Xero deepens Google ties with Apps for Work integration
- Channel partners in A/NZ face business model shifts: Nintex
- Visy leverages Riverbed and Microsoft technology