Emerson Network Power has launched its SmartCabinet solution in the Australian and New Zealand market.
The pre-engineered integrated rack solution is designed for deployment at edge of IT remote locations such as SMBs, branch offices and stores.
The SmartCabinet is composed of a single rack that combines power protection, thermal management, power distribution unit and infrastructure management monitoring.
Emerson Network Power managing director, A/NZ, Robert Linsdell said the solution is a “Datacentre in a box” as it meets all the requirements of a traditional Datacentre, but was built with small computer rooms and limited floor space in mind.
“The explosion of Cloud and Internet-based data has prompted more organisations to move their infrastructure towards the network edge, closer to where their customers are. 45 per cent of Internet of Things-created data will be stored, processed, analysed and acted upon or close to the edge of the network,” he continued.
The SmartCabinets built-in monitoring system also enables the distributed IT infrastructure to be managed remotely. In the event of a system failure, users will be notified through an SMS or email alert. Emerson also said the SmartCabinet can be fully deployed within two days.
- Unisys opens GovConnectNSW service desk (+10 photos)
- Crypto-ransomware rose to 83 per cent in 2015: Trend Micro
- EXCLUSIVE: HP Inc. to drive deeper business with channel, according to A/NZ leaders
- NEXTDC introduces ONEDC
- Emerson loses Network Power
- IN PICTURES: Distribution Central and Emerson Network Power demonstrate SmartCabinet to partners (+4 photos)