Private undersea cabling company and subsidiary of Reliance Communications (RCOM), Global Cloud Xchange (GCX), has inked a partnership with Datacentre-as-a-Service provider, NEXTDC (ASX: NXT).
The partnership will see GCX establish presence in NEXTDC’s M1 Melbourne and S1 Sydney datacentres, which also expands the company’s global footprint into Australia.
Global Cloud Xchange A/NZ managing director, Dave Pearson, said GCX’s scalable global IP and MPLS network provides direct interconnections to third-party networks, with a managed network services platform that connects about 27,000 sites in 158 countries.
Pearson mentioned that the availability of the AXONVX virtual exchange across all NEXTDC facilities is an attractive additional feature for GCX as this opens up on-demand access to customers throughout Australia through the automated provisioning and flexible bandwidth available from the independent community of AXONVX network service providers.
“Our expansion across key datacentres in A/NZ further enhances our global network and Cloud capabilities to meet the ever-increasing demand for global collaboration, the adoption of Cloud, and open up new markets for our customers.
“A/NZ based enterprises can now securely connect to our global network and access public Cloud providers worldwide,” he said.
NEXTDC CEO, Craig Scroggie, said the ability to access interconnection platforms like GCX’s is bringing new value to datacentre operations
“When matched with the AXON virtual exchange available in datacentres across the country, offers seamless, on-demand network connectivity to a wide range of Cloud and network providers,” he mentioned.
- Ingram Micro adds Acronis’ solutions to its Cloud Marketplace in Australia
- Capgemini extends collaboration with AWS
- MapR partners with Ericsson
- ServiceNow revamps security response
- EXCLUSIVE: Datacom has growth in its vision
- Strength and innovation keys to survival, says CA's Kenneth Arredondo
- Hyland inks reseller partnership with Fusion Information Management
- Optus partners with ATP Innovations
- Nextgen Networks and NEXTDC team up to provide more Cloud options for Perth
- UPDATED: ALE adds Integrated Products to Australian distie portfolio