Xero has announced a strategic partnership with Google, deepening its integration with Google’s Gmail platform and Google Apps for Work.
The joint venture will see Xero’s Gmail integration take email out of the inbox and into the accounting workflow, without leaving the Xero platform.
According to the New Zealand Cloud accounting provider, tighter integration with Google Apps for Work essentially enables small businesses to export content from Xero to Google Sheets to better collaborate with customers, suppliers and financial advisors.
“Our global relationship with Google bolsters Xero as a real-time business platform for business owners,” says James Maiocco, General Manager, Xero.
“Our integrations provide a smarter and simpler way to manage the daily workflows associated with all aspects of their business operation.”
Available immediately for 600,000 plus Xero users around the world, Maiocco says the Gmail integration along with the redesigned contacts page in Xero helps small business owners, accountants, and bookkeepers “better manage their relationships” with suppliers and customers.
“Google is encouraged to see a deeper Xero integration with Gmail and Google Apps for Work to help small businesses streamline their workflow and deliver a beautiful user experience,” adds Rahul Sood, General Manager for Google Apps for Work, Google.
“Businesses have come to expect simple, seamless processes and enterprise-grade security from all their cloud applications.
“Google and Xero can deliver this together to help small businesses focus on what they do best.”
Sood says the latest updates build on a range of integrations between Xero and Google's services, including single sign-on, export reporting and Google+ promotion, as well as Smart Lists integration with contacts in Xero.
- Competition redefined as CEOs place greater weight on Cognitive Computing
- Capgemini extends collaboration with AWS
- Global mobile proximity payments set to surpass 1 billion by 2019: Ovum
- Apple gives IBM Cloud war ammunition… IBM gives Apple enterprise credibility
- Banking sector beckons as Google A/NZ Managing Director departs
- Veritas hits Google Cloud
- Solutions round-up: Zynet launches TraceMail, and other news
- Xero partners with MailGuard to secure the Cloud