ASX-listed Dicker Data (ASX:DDR) has been granted distribution rights for Corning products in Australia.
It will be taking on the vendor’s range of fibre optic and pre-terminated optical cabling systems.
In a statement, Dicker Data CEO, David Dicker, said as the IT and electrical trade channels continue to converge, it saw an opportunity to capitalise by enabling its IT resellers to sell more than just hardware, but also the cabling and rack solutions.
“The same goes for the electrical reseller partners who will be able to purchase hardware solutions from us in addition to the cabling solutions they sell today,” he said.
Corning commercial operations and enterprise networks Australia director, Greg Whiffin, said the alliance with Dicker and access to its network of more than 5000 IT resellers, along with market demand for high-speed communications networks, will continue to drive growth for both companies.
The Corning range will complement Dicker’s portfolio of APC, Cisco, HPE and Nimble Storage product offerings.
- REACTION: Channel chews the fat following Hewlett Packard Enterprise distie decision
- EXCLUSIVE: Avnet and Synnex miss out as Hewlett Packard Enterprise makes Aussie distie decision
- Dicker Data inks new deal with xRM Industry Solutions
- Lenovo and DataCore bring software defined storage to A/NZ
- Dicker spends $18 million on expanding Kurnell facility