Salaries and job vacancies for digital and Web-related roles in Australia have continued to rise, according to the Summer 2016 ICT Salary and Employment Index quarterly report conducted by IT recruitment company, Peoplebank.
The report showed a particular increase in demand for specialists in iOS, SharePoint, Android and Software Developers, with the average salaries in senior positions experiencing a minimum $10,000 increase within the last three months.
According to Peoplebank, the pay rise is driven by high demand for IT roles in UX, CX, development, Cloud and Big Data, as corporate and government organisations increasingly shift their businesses online.
The recent Summer edition of the report witnessed significant salary increases since the Spring index, particularly in New South Wales.
Findings revealed that senior project applications manager roles saw a $10,000 rise to salaries of $160,000 over the 3 month period, while senior project coordinators pocketed an increase of over 20 per cent to salaries of $110,000.
Peoplebank chief executive, Peter Acheson, said, “Our recommendation for any chief information officer or company with IT needs is to make sure they have a clear strategic workforce plan linked to their future IT skills requirements. 2020 is not that far away, and if I was a chief information officer, I would ensure I was developing my existing and future IT talent pool, ready to face the changes ahead.”
- INSIGHT: How IBM is putting cognitive at the heart of its social collaboration strategy
- AIA Group leverages Software AG’s webMethods
- Skyfii inks three-year contract with Lederer Group
- Optus Business signs hybrid Cloud deal with Adelaide Festival Centre
- EMC and VMware introduce VCE VxRail
- MapR partners with Ericsson
- Brennan IT creates award winning solution for LGS