Software AG has made three key appointments to follow through with its growth across the A/NZ region.
Gordon Gakovic is to lead the company as the managing director for its A/NZ operations.
Based in Melbourne, Gakovic will be responsible for managing Software AG’s commercial initiatives and marketing strategies for the region.
Gakovic joined the company in 2013 as national sales director. Prior to Software AG, he served in various positions at IBM, Oracle and EMC.
He served as the utilities senior account director at Oracle for more than a year and was the banking and finance sector senior account director at IBM for five years.
In the new role, Gakovic will report to chief operating officer for Asia-Pacific and Japan, Stanimira Koleva, who said throughout Gakovic’s career, he has demonstrated outstanding leadership and has an excellent track record of helping companies transform their IT infrastructure and grow their business.
“I am excited to be given the opportunity to take the lead at a company recognised for its heritage as well as its new Digital Business Platform. Australia and New Zealand are countries that are dynamic, unique and filled with immense untapped potential. I look forward to working with an exceptionally talented team and to drive innovation and digital transformation for our customers,” Gakovic said.
Software AG also appointed Michael Cross as industry solution director and Ron van Rooij, as director solution business development.
Both will work closely with Koleva and Gakovic to lead the company's efforts in co-innovation and digital transformation with strategic customers in the Asia-Pacific and Japan region.
- Converged infrastructure interest heightens, but forget HP, IBM and Oracle, it’s Cisco taking charge
- Western Digital and IBM forge patent cross-license agreement
- Digital Realty appoints Edward Higase
- EXCLUSIVE: Paul Simos leaves Veritas
- AIA Group leverages Software AG’s webMethods
- EMC and VMware introduce VCE VxRail
- Water Corporation uses Interactive Intelligence Group’s CIC
- Rimini Street fields calls from Oracle engineers looking for work