Security vendor, ESET has brought Nick FitzGerald on board as a senior research fellow.
His primary focus will be on the Asia Pacific region, including New Zealand.
”We are happy to have Nick on board. He is well known as one of the world’s top malware experts. His ability to understand the broader context of malware and cyber criminality will help us to position ESET as a true IT security leader,” ESET Chief Research Officer, Juraj Malcho, said.
At the beginning of his career, Nick was a moderator of the Virus-L mailing list and he established the methodology for VB100 certification and ran the first VB100 tests. He also worked as a consultant and researcher for several companies in the IT security industry.
- Incident response will be critical for the channel in 2016: Check Point
- Centrify makes life easier for MSPs
- Commvault appoints new VP for APJ
- Dias crowned new VMware A/NZ managing director
- Yahoo! Japan goes next-generation with firewall deployment
- Exclusive: Symantec’s two-pronged approach to the channel
- CyberArk hires Goh as new APAC leader
- ESET launches Virtualization Security