Former Brennan IT general manager of sales and marketing, Stephen Sims, has been promoted to CEO as founder Dave Stevens steps down as managing director. Sims is just the second leader in the company’s history.
Stevens was the founder of Brennan IT and held the MD title for 18 years. He will remain as the executive chairman of the company, focusing on mergers and acquisitions.
Stevens announced last year that the company was prepared to spend $30 million in the coming year as part of an aggressive pursuit for acquisitions and investments within infrastructure. But thus far, there haven’t been any deals made.
As such, with Stevens increasing his focus into mergers and acquisitions, the company could possibly see more movements in this area.
Sims held the sales and marketing general manager title at Brennan IT for more than nine years. Prior to this, he was based in the UK and was the head of sales and programs development at MCI WorldCom for a little over two years.
Before that, he was the company’s group marketing manager for a year. He also previously worked in BT for about 18 months.
More to follow.
- Ingram Micro hires Gavin McSherry as business development manager
- Perfecto Mobile raises $49m for global expansion
- Splunk appoints Doug Merritt as President and CEO
- Unisys hires Tony Windever for Asia Pac
- Synnex Australia presents Triforce with new Mercedes Benz
- Brennan IT creates award winning solution for LGS