The Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) says the cyber threat to Australian organisations is undeniable, unrelenting and continues to grow.
The Centre, a federal government initiative,made the comment with the release of its first ever unclassified cyber security threat report.
New ACSC co-ordinator, Clive Lines said the Australian Cyber Security Centre Threat Report 2015 provided an overarching view of cyber adversaries, what they want, and how they go about getting it from an ACSC perspective.
“We envisage the report will be a useful resource for organisations to start an informed conversation about protecting their vital information,” he said.
“If every Australian organisation read this report and acted to improve their security posture, we would see a far more informed and secure Australian internet presence.”
All ACSC partner agencies provided information for Australian organisations about the threats their networks face from cyber espionage, cyber attacks and cybercrime.
The report also contains mitigation and remediation information to assist organisations to prevent and respond to the threat.
Th Australian Cyber Security Centre Threat Report 2015 is available on the ACSC website.
- Ingram Micro signs distribution agreement with Hikvision
- Kaseya appoints Ricoh Australia as exclusive platinum partner
- Cloud Distribution launches security training program with Security Mentor
- Netskope secures partnership with Content Security
- Securus Global recruits more staff for future growth
- NEXTDC inks $35 million Federal Government deal
- Kmart suffers security breach
- Federal Government Digital Marketplace to go live this year