The country’s largest reseller, Data#3, has launched a dedicated security practice.
The division will encompass existing skills sets and be supported by the recently accquired Business Aspect, that joined the Data#3 Group in September 2014.
The practice will be headed by Richard Dornhart, who has been appointed security practice manager effective immediately. He was previously the company’s national Symantec practice manager.
Data#3 chief executive, Laurence Baynham, said customer demand and the increasing adoption of Cloud and mobility services were drivers for the new investment.
“Customers are dealing with increasingly complex Hybrid IT environments and are trying to integrate Cloud, mobile, social and analytics,” he said.
“This has a tremendous impact on security as they deal with safeguarding their business critical information and intellectual property. In fact, security was the number one priority for our customers in our latest customer survey.
“The practice will provide customers with integrated offerings underpinned by the Data#3 Secure Framework, which will be delivered and managed by experienced professionals from our services teams, complemented by Business Aspect.”
The reseller’s current security offerings include Symantec, Cisco, Websense, Intel Security, Sophos, Trend Micro and RSA amongst others.
- Australia is a top regional target for DDoS
- Now here's a surprise: Government survey finds consuming illegal content is rampant
- Cloud Distribution adds Eagle Eye Networks to its line-up
- RSA boss calls for an APAC security rethink
- UPDATED: Dell Software nabs Symantec’s Klasie Holtzhausen
- Cyberoam to reward sales personnel of A/NZ partners
- Data breach penalties gain overwhelming support from Australian IT: survey
- The most dangerous celebrities to search online revealed
- Raytheon|Websense rebrands as Forcepoint