Arrow Electronics and EMC have signed a distribution agreement for EMC VSPEX Blue in Australia.
Under the agreement, Arrow’s enterprise computing solution business in Australia will distribute the VSPEX Blue hyper-converged infrastructure appliance which is built on commodity servers using VMware EVO: Rail and EMC software.
VSPEX Blue delivers virtualisation, compute and storage in a scalable, hyper-converged infrastructure appliance. It is suited to customers with remote office or VDI requirements, as well as customers who need a simple turn-key infrastructure solution requiring minimal expertise to deploy and manage.
“We are excited to be involved in such an innovative approach to distribution,” Arrow Australia enterprise computing solutions business director, Martin Christmas, said.
“Arrow has been in partnership with EMC distributing VSPEX Blue in various countries around the world since February. We are pleased to announce we’re adding Australia to our global reach.”
EMC general manager, Partner Sales A/NZ, Chris Trevitt, said, “This unique channel-only model has many advantages as it allows Arrow to tailor the solution per customer from inception to delivery. Bringing on Arrow re-emphasises our commitment to the Australian channel.”
- Australians shop till they drop online in $9.3bn first half spending frenzy
- Ice Systems rebrands and relaunches itself as Cevo
- Cloud move pays off for iCareHealth
- Thomas Duryea deploys Brocade for Skilled Group
- Tech companies perform strongly in BRW’s best places to work
- Distribution Central acquired: All you need to know about Arrow