Datacentre operator, Digital Realty Trust, has appointed Damien Spillane as its director of sales engineering for Asia Pacific.
The firm said the appointment forms part of the company's broader business strategy to increase its footprint across the region. He will lead the APAC sales engineering team and be responsible for leading its project implementations across the region.
The focus will be on key markets in Australia, Hong Kong and Japan, with an eye to provide cost-engineering, profitability models and undertake preliminary design and evaluation for customer solutions.
Digital Realty managing director, EMEA and APAC, Bernard Geoghegan, said Spillane has been a significant asset to Digital Realty in Australia.
“With his wealth of experience and knowledge, we are confident that Damien will further develop our Asia Pacific platform and deliver great results for our customers.”
Spillane joined Digital Realty in 2011 as head of engineering for Australia.
- OpenText automates contract management
- Young Aussie innovators shine at Science and Engineering Awards
- Steve Wozniak to teach at UTS
- Nextgen Group promotes David Yuile to CEO position
- Emerson Network Power boosts local focus with new promotions
- Digital Realty boosts executive team with two new appointments