1. Key channel plays for 2015
2015 will be a year where the channel will need to consolidate through acquisition to scale their Platform 2 business while either acquiring or building new services in the area of Platform 3 or SMAC (Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud)
2. Key technology for 2015
I do not think customers are thinking in terms of a key technology, but in terms of 'as-a-service'. The key for 2015 is how do you deliver technology as a consumption based service.
3. Key message to the channel for 2015
Reskill your sales team to be able to conduct conversations with line of business managers, as they now own 35 per cent of your addressable budget.
4. Key warning to the channel for 2015
As an industry we are getting slowly boiled alive as business models change. We all need to look at co-option rather than trying to do everything ourselves and to transform the skillsets of our organisations to recognise the change and move our offerings to the third platform.
5. Key to their company for 2015
We have one focus in Logicalis which is to deliver a sustainably profitable business. To do this as well as growing our traditional business we need to grow annuity to 60 per cent of revenues and grow our Cloud offers of BaaS and IaaS. We also need to find the next Cisco. Cisco was an upstart of the industry and then grew to a dominant position. We need to experiment with some new players, and see success or fail quickly.
- 5 for 15: Basil Reilly, Logicalis Australia CEO
- 5 for 15: Scott Frew, Distribution Central executive chairman
- 5 for 15: Peter Low, The Cavalry director and founder
- 5 for 15: Jon Evans, Azzurri Australia managing director
- 5 for 15: David Peach, channel consultant
- Logicalis and Thomas Duryea unveil new name for combined business