1. Key channel plays for 2015
There will continue to be strong demand for Cloud computing services. End users are far more informed and often require more than what a single Cloud vendor can offer. The ability to aggregate across vendor offerings will be a key differentiator for channel partners.
2. Key technology for 2015
Office 365. Microsoft have a strong offering and commitment around this product set and the adoption rates will continue to increase. We see this as a value add to our existing product set (which includes our own private Cloud stack).
3. Key message to the channel for 2015
Agility. In a world where human interactions are increasing at both a business and personal level; service companies (not just limited to IT) must be able to meet changes in end user requirements. Channel partners must offer a way for their customers to integrate with them that is both agile and transparent. For example, we achieve this through monthly per user based pricing across our full service offering.
4. Key warning to the channel for 2015
Our industry continually shifts and changes at an ever increasing rate. Technical breakthroughs, disruptive technologies and new demand generating devices have the potential to distract you from what your customers truly need/want. Rather than focus on technology, focus on the client outcome first (and the technology to support this outcome second). The term Outcome-as-a-Service (rather than IAAS, PAAS etc) embodies this concept well.
5. Key to your company for 2015
Our brand promise is all about customer happiness (not just satisfaction). Speak to most businesses and when asked about their thoughts about their IT Support organisation and you illicit a lukewarm response at best. We want to own the word happiness in the IT sector just like Volvo owns the word safety. As part of this we have recently launched the “Happiness Project” where we have key metrics and management rhythms driven around this core promise. At a technical level there is significant investment being built around the Microsoft Azure platform which will form part of our aggregated datacentre offering along with Dimension Data and Equinix.
- 5 for 15: Basil Reilly, Logicalis Australia CEO
- 5 for 15: Peter Low, The Cavalry director and founder
- 5 for 15: Scott Frew, Distribution Central executive chairman
- 5 for 15: Jon Evans, Azzurri Australia managing director
- 5 for 15: Patricia Nance, Oracle vice-president, alliances and channels
- IN PICTURES: ShoreTel’s Asia-Pacific Sales Kick Off 2015
- 5 for 15: David Peach, channel consultant
- Enghouse Interactive roadshow (+29 photos)