1. Key channel plays for 2015
Government and education sectors will be key plays for Cloud adoption in 2015, with government and educational houses acting as leadership figures for Australian businesses. Targeting these plays will create a flow on effect for demand of Cloud services as businesses recognise the mobility advantages and cost benefits of the moving to the Cloud.
2. Key technology for 2015
For Hosted Network - particularly Desktop as a Service (DaaS). 2014 was the year that the big players entered the DaaS market, so we’re expecting this will play a key role in 2015’s Cloud offering. SMBs to Enterprises will start transitioning their workforces due to the awareness that the major vendors are creating within the industry.
3. Key message to the channel for 2015
Identify your strengths, create a strategy and enlist in support from those with experience to ensure your business transition runs smoothly and is rewarding for your business and your clients.
4. Key warning to the channel for 2015
If you're looking to resell a solution, do your research and understand the market you are going in to. Leverage your vendors and ensure they are capable of delivering the services you require. I’ve seen many businesses create partnerships that have no long term prosperity and don’t provide adequate support, causing business venture failure.
5. Key to your company’s success in 2015
Educating the channel is a vital component of Hosted Network’s Cloud enablement plan in 2015. Creating targeted education programs to instil knowledge around the tools and techniques available for Cloud transition and optimisation, and to ensure our channel is trained on how to sell and deliver cloud services, ensuring our Partner’s success in delivering a profitable offering.
- 5 for 15: Ed Lenta, AWS country manager A/NZ
- 5 for 15: Michael Cornwell, Pure Storage chief technology officer APJ
- 5 for 15: Scott Penno, Allied Telesis APAC marketing manager
- 5 for 15: Charles Woodall, ServiceNow head of service providers and integrators, Asia-Pacific and Japan
- 5 for 15: Jonathan Stern, MuleSoft regional VP A/NZ
- 5 for 15: Rob Holliday, Sitecore A/NZ managing director
- 5 for 15: Paul Gracey, HP South Pacific Business Manager, Personal Systems Category
- 5 for 15: Rob Barton, Nimble Storage director of sales A/NZ
- DWS revenue and profit tumble in first half